HowTo: Create a 2d Cockpit?

Need help testing contributed art or code or having trouble getting your newest additions into game compatible format? Confused by changes to data formats? Reading through source and wondering what the developers were thinking when they wrote something? Need "how-to" style guidance for messing with VS internals? This is probably the right forum.
parkel
Hunter
Hunter

HowTo: Create a 2d Cockpit?

Post by parkel »

I haven't yet made the sprites/textures for the cockpit I am planning to make.
But I need some help.

1) How can you convert a .png (image file of any sort is what i mean here) to a .sprite file?
2) Are there any programs which can help you place where you want your gauges to be (making .spr files)?

If possible, either direct me to the website needed to download the program/script I requested in my 2nd question or upload it into the forums. I would prefer the link to the page itself. :D

Thx.

-pArKeL
  • Derivative + pArKeL + a bunch of luddites = ?

:D
parkel
Hunter
Hunter

Re: HowTo: Create a 2d Cockpit?

Post by parkel »

The rough version of how it would eventually look like:
compilation.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  • Derivative + pArKeL + a bunch of luddites = ?

:D
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: HowTo: Create a 2d Cockpit?

Post by loki1950 »

Check the masters repo but if i remember they are just .jpg or .png files compressed with nvcompress and given the .spr or sprite extension the nvcompress step can be skipped for testing.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2