Economy, politics, strategy, tactics

Need help testing contributed art or code or having trouble getting your newest additions into game compatible format? Confused by changes to data formats? Reading through source and wondering what the developers were thinking when they wrote something? Need "how-to" style guidance for messing with VS internals? This is probably the right forum.
primate
Explorer
Explorer

Economy, politics, strategy, tactics

Post by primate »

I was wondering... is there any docs on political/economy/faction strategy/squadron tactics other than the couple linked to from "Development" on the wiki?

I was going to put a few ideas forward thought i better see how it all works currently first.
Only i dont know c/c++ hardly at all so i im pretty sure examining the code might not be the best option... like pseudocode planning for the economy etc. or something like that?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

There is an on going discussion on the economy in the Feature Request sub forum most of what you want to look at is actually written in Python not C++ and all in the data tree the modules folder specificly that economy thread http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... hp?t=10828 have look it's quite long :wink: the faction system takes care of politics and yes we need ideas for the AI as well especially wingmen :shock:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Melonhead
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Melonhead »

Primate--

If you want to look at where the economic system is now (more or less), also see:

http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... ht=economy

(I decided not to post this in the long thread loki1950 referenced, since that one is about where to go in the future.)