Red Pill signup thread

Need help testing contributed art or code or having trouble getting your newest additions into game compatible format? Confused by changes to data formats? Reading through source and wondering what the developers were thinking when they wrote something? Need "how-to" style guidance for messing with VS internals? This is probably the right forum.
bengreenwood
Merchant
Merchant

Post by bengreenwood »

Thanks loki.
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

back (ish)
sorry for being out of it without giving reasonable notice
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Glad you had some time to run by :wink: i have added bengreenwood to the red pill group.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
CaptainGoon
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Post by CaptainGoon »

I'd like to become a part of this awesome project. I'm sure I could help you guys with the coding.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Done you should see a new sub-forum now if not let me know 8)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
STENDEC
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Re: Red Pill signup thread

Post by STENDEC »

I am available for 2D graphic artwork.

I have extensive graphic design experience in print media and GUI design (Lord Thindigital, The Lords Napoleonic TotalWar 1) maps, buttons, PDF presentation.

I would like to work on ingame GUI, frontend, external docs, that kinda thing...

ps getting dds to open in photoshop is not working for me? (have nvidia plugin)
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Awesome! There's a lot that can be done. I don't know off my head but there should be a wiki page that talks about artwork. My best advice is that if there's something you think needs improvement, just jump in and do it.

If you get stuck doing something (don't know a format, need some C++ code to improve some GUI aspect), just ask in the forum.

As to opening DDS in Photoshop, generally that's a bad idea. DDS is severely lossy compression (the reason is a drastic loading speed improvement) so you want to open the original master files if you intend to edit them.
You can browse the masters repository online here:
http://vegastrike.svn.sourceforge.net/v ... k/masters/
If you want to check this whole tree out using subversion, svn co http://vegastrike.svn.sourceforge.net/s ... k/masters/
Zebedee
Trader
Trader

Post by Zebedee »

Please add me to the group and I'll see what I can help out with.
GlasShadow
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by GlasShadow »

Hi, totaly new here haven even downloaded the game yet but i am looking for a game that i can put my modeling talents to work in, also i have some basic computer programing knowledge, mainly in several game scripting languages and C++, java,

here is a few pics of planes ive done for CFS3 just so people can see what kind of work i can do

p 40, textured, lods virtual cockpit and all animations moving parts etc.

bismark and f7f both by me

cockpit of f7f

f7f coming apart.

after prop strike, the mesh seen here is about 10,000 polys, also did the dynamic flight model, aerodynamic stuff for it

ill be looking through the forums and checking the game out but just though id say hay, also just finished a game map for wolf ET but as there seems to be little interest in that community id like to do some work that people will actually enjoy playing with, there's nothing like spending months on something that big and then a few people check it out and go cool but sever admins that promise to test it seem to take forever to get there stuff in order lol.
Dawe
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Dawe »

bumped..

Anyone left on this campaign creation forum? I'd like to be in!
If there's anyone from the old campaign development team still going please send me a notice or something.. otherwise i'll continue the work I'm doing redoing the campaign at: h[url]ttp://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15105[/url]
Adijedi
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Post by Adijedi »

Im interested in being a writer. I can write. Case in point: I did this off the top of my head in 30 seconds:

This is Eragador prime, capital of the Eragorian Empire, a fanatical theocratic state, which hunts down people of a introverted, or creative nature and kills them for heresy in thought. Any more questions?
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

JackS has taken indefinite leave from this project; so there's no more Red Pill signup.
There's not even a proper forum for story writing work. Those of us thinking of working
on a new story/plot/game (parallel to UTCS) are gathering presently at the Documenting
Vegastrike forum. The work there won't be hidden from the public; but what I would ask
is that only serious contributors participate; people capable of quality work and with
good writing skills, and who are in it for the long haul, and can work with others, etc.
Start by reading my Proposal thread there.
-REBEL3-
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by -REBEL3- »

I guess I'll post here that I would like to be included-however, I know that you've taken a long hiatus from the VS project. Still, if you ever come back, please add me.

Way I see it-it can't hurt to post here.
strook
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by strook »

I think that i'm Long enough here to take the pill.
I've nö work i contributed Done yet, but it is in work, and it grows.
I'm on 3 branches now, seamless planetary Flight, animated meshes and walkable Ship interior, After that, à tactical Ground Combat could Be implemented.
It seems that i'm the only One Active developer yet for vs, but i won't leave since i like the Code.
plz visit my vegastrike project branch here

plz support VegaOgre by donating to it!

My systems: Mac mini 1, 4gig RAM;
i5 Quad Core 2400, 300mbit WLAN, 1,3Tbyte HD, 60 GB SSD,
nvidia geforce 8400gs 512MB, 6gig RAM with Ubuntu 11.4,
win7 and hackintosh installed
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

yeah, things are kinda dead atm.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Post by charlieg »

Klauss is still kicking about.

http://cia.vc/stats/project/vegastrike
Free Gamer - free software games compendium and commentary!
FreeGameDev forum - open source game development community
ZodiacDragon84
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by ZodiacDragon84 »

If you guys would have me, I think I could come up with some side quest type sub stories to add a little more flavor to an already pretty great game. I dont have anything in the form of programming or artistic talents, but I have run Dungeons and dragons (quit laughing) campaigns that get pretty good reviews as far as story telling goes. Just ask, and I think I could come up with a code friendly side quest for your review. Kindest Regards!
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

If you come up with something for testing post in dev focus and attach the files so they can be reviewed.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo
Mets
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Mets »

ZodiacDragon84 wrote:If you guys would have me, I think I could come up with some side quest type sub stories to add a little more flavor to an already pretty great game. I dont have anything in the form of programming or artistic talents, but I have run Dungeons and dragons (quit laughing) campaigns that get pretty good reviews as far as story telling goes. Just ask, and I think I could come up with a code friendly side quest for your review. Kindest Regards!

Zodiac, nobody is turned away, if you want to contribute just start contributing and post the work. Klauss, phoenix, or somebody else will get in in the branch or help you get it to where it needs to be so that it can be contributed.