super excited!

Need help testing contributed art or code or having trouble getting your newest additions into game compatible format? Confused by changes to data formats? Reading through source and wondering what the developers were thinking when they wrote something? Need "how-to" style guidance for messing with VS internals? This is probably the right forum.
queenSix
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

super excited!

Post by queenSix »

hey folks what it is!!?!!!

okay, it has been a dream of mine since I was a little kid, to work on video games. I'm a big fan of the space combat sim games, and *huge* wingcommander fan. So when I found vegastrike. . . opensource space combat sim looking for developers. . . dream come true!

So, I am definitely interested! I have a lot of catching up to do as far as learning to write code. . . up till now I didn't have the motivation. . . writing code for some webapp is just as boring to me as any other job. But video games. . . wing commander remakes. . . w00t! w00t!

I have a few questions for you all. . .

* is there a cast of characters (I mean, people on the dev team) anywhere? I am looking through the wiki but no luck yet.

* how has working on vegastrike helped your resume / career / school endeavors?

* does anybody play eve-online? I found out about it just tonight and it sounds like fun. Obviously a project like VS doesn't have those kind of resources. but maybe we could take cues from great gameplay or cool features.

* finally, any thoughts about a business model (however modest) ?

A little about me, I do QA for a webapp company. I play a lot of music. I love to surf. I live in San Francisco. . . where nearby, Mavericks' has been getting 80-foot faces!!! w00t! http://www.mavsurfer.com/ I freak out at about 6 feet myself :roll:

okay guys thanks! I look forward to hearing from you all.
Dilloh
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by Dilloh »

Welcome to the boards!

Privateer Remake is under lead development by MayimaOtaru, but he's currently inactive. However, most PR modders have united on the PU board (follow the link in my signature) and are working on an expansion pack for Privateer Remake. So if you're interested, you're welcome.