texture not showing up after running mesher

Need help testing contributed art or code or having trouble getting your newest additions into game compatible format? Confused by changes to data formats? Reading through source and wondering what the developers were thinking when they wrote something? Need "how-to" style guidance for messing with VS internals? This is probably the right forum.
AzureSky
Merchant
Merchant

texture not showing up after running mesher

Post by AzureSky »

I'm trying to add a new Paradigm model to Privateer Gemini Gold, and only have a vague idea of what I'm doing when it comes to meshes... So, what am I doing wrong here? Instead of getting the textured ship, I'm getting pink/blue mess. I'm using the SVN version of mesher, btw.

Here's my process:

converted Paradigm.tga to paradigm.png (with imagemagick)
edited paradigm.mtl to reference paradigm.png
ran: mesher paradigm.obj paradigm.bfxm obc
copied bfxm and png to units\paradigm dir (replacing existing mesh)
edited units.csv file to change scale of ship

I didn't make the model, btw.

Thanks,
Andy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Do
mesher paradigm.bfxm paradigm.xmesh bxc
then open paradigm.xmesh with notepad or other text editor and see if you have the right texture there. If you have no texture or the wrong name, fix it, save, then
mesher paradigm.xmesh paradigm.bfxm xbc

The texture has to be square, power of two size, and you need to flip it vertically. Also, you have to delete paradigm.bfxm from the generatedBSP folder under .privateer100, for it to be updated.