Bug-Report: version 0.5.1 beta

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
CtV
Trader
Trader

Bug-Report: version 0.5.1 beta

Post by CtV »

Hi there,

After some years of absence I installed vegastrike again and i'm very amazed by the progress the game made. After i spend the last 3 nights playing i can say: It is stable as hell! The only crash i produced was after manipulating a savegame and accidently mixing up the columns in the .csv so that was definately my fault.

But also i played the game "cheat-free" for many hours and there were a few glitches i stumbled over:

1. Some/All(?) defend missions don't work properly.

The game told me to fly to ship X and defend it agains a faction. As soon as i arrived the message changes, and told me to kill Y. Y approached and i started to hunt it, but in a matter of second and without even trying to attack X it SPECed away. Soon afterwards X SPECed away, too. I followed X and it stopped on another planet/jumpgate and stayed there.i waited a few minutes and after nothing happend and Y was nowhere on the radar, i SPECed away and docked a station. After leaving the station X was back in it's starting-place and as i headed towards it the scenario repeated just the same way, except that I provoced Z with F3 and F4 "chat-Keys" to attack me instead of flying away. It worked only half way. It did not flew away, but it attacked me neither. It just SPECed around me like a flea on ectasy making it unable to hit it - even with homing missles.

I later tried another defend mission with a similar result.
One cleansweep-mission showed a similar "bug". Some of the ships I had to bring down just weren't there. The mission-computer on a base later told me I did 100% in every step of the mission, but inflight some ships (those which i couldn't find) were still written in red an the mission was still open.

2. The ITTS target-assist (this aim-ahed sight) seems to work with the first installed weapon only rendering it useless when you install a beam-wepon first, which causes the sight to remain directly on the target even if the beam-weapon is de- and projectile weapons are selected

3. the auto-docking, which is available on some stations, sometimes crashes the ship in the station. Even when docking works fine, the ship is sometimes stuck "inside" of the station after undocking. I never had this problem when docking manually.

4. In a few rlaan-systems there were many, many ships, that just stood still in space without moving and behave just like bases. They were even selected by the base-select key, which made them VERY annoying as you have to switch through hundreds of rlaan-fighters until you find the real base you're looking for.

[edit]
5. You can buy more than one FLT-Capacitor
[/edit]

I know those "bugs" maybe very hard to fix, but i hope someone will do it.

thanks for the game...
Last edited by CtV on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Bug-Report: version 0.5.1 beta

Post by loki1950 »

Glad your liking the progress but you posted in the compiling problems forum not bug triage where it belongs so i moved it 8) there have been a few changes since the release of that binary and the data set is still expanding.So the issues you raise may have already been dealt with.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
CtV
Trader
Trader

Post by CtV »

sorry for posting in the wrong forum.

The build is from march, so i guess not all of those bugs have been fixed.
Should I add those to the sourceforge-tracker, too?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Feel free their your bugs :wink: Or as the old saw of open source stuff if you broke it you get to keep both parts. And if none post those bugs thew just get harder to find 8)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
esgaroth
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by esgaroth »

I am in the progress of updating vegatrek to the latest binary and other stuff, and one of the efforts is to port over all of our ships, weapons and factions to the 0.51 beta. During this i observed that when i ported over our phasers to the vegastrike 0.51 beta, they dont work. Well, they can be bought, are in the ship and can be fired, but they wont hit. They are autotracking beam weapons, but they never hit the target. The beams just go straight through the target without doing any harm or hitten target or shields. Other, vegstrike-native beams also dont seem to hit, at least not when autotracked. So i´d like to ask whether this is a bug or a feature (disabled cause game would be too easy) and, if the latter, how i could enable autotracking for beams again....
travists
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by travists »

------Sidebar------
Glad to hear Vega Trek is being worked on again, I'll have to check it's SVN updates periodically! :mrgreen:
------Sidebar------
esgaroth
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by esgaroth »

Yeah, we still are active, although our crew is small. We encountered a problem with z buffers recently, after switching to the new engine and new shaders, according to klauss. If you want to check out the latest version, be sure to look at the right place, we switched to http://vegatrek.svn.sourceforge.net/svn ... es/vtvs051
As klauss seems to be quite busy, i started to port over our stuff to a working vs 0.5.1 beta (where this problem obviously is not occurring) - and encountered the problem with the beam weapons described above....