V0.5.1.r1 does not start on my XP

Find any bugs in Vega Strike? See if someone has already found it, or report them here!
.rhavin
Explorer
Explorer

V0.5.1.r1 does not start on my XP

Post by .rhavin »

0.5.0 does start, but the 0.5.1 seems to do just … nothing.

I tried to start it with

Code: Select all

--debug=3 2>whatever.txt
, but the file remains empty.

Also there a couple of things i noticed in the 0.5.0, so perhaps they're fixed now:
  • "Press Q to Quit or ; to reload" … well this is a german Keyboard and hitting ; (Shift + ,) just does nothing (also tried with just the key) . Are you shure you're checking key- and not scan-codes? BTW, there are some keys the same in all layouts, so perhaps you should stick to those if you have just a two-way-switch.
  • Alt+0 before docking… does nothing. Checked with Alt, AltGr and with/without NumLock on NumericalKeys and on the Number-keys in the main area of the Keyboard.
System is WinXPsp3, AMD Athlon XP 3000+, NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GS, Yamaha DS2416×2+SW1000XG
ezee
Intrepid Venturer
Intrepid Venturer

Re: V0.5.1.r1 does not start on my XP

Post by ezee »

Hi and welcome onboard .
:)
So ... i also use windowsxp sp3 with a nvidia 7600gs .
The only sourceversion that was/is running out of the box for me is this version from the svn :
http://sourceforge.net/p/vegastrike/cod ... _0_5_1_r1/

But you can use also the 0.5.1 release that is found in the download page .
It is working fine for me too .

if (!track.HasWeapons())
            {
                // So what are you going to threaten me with? Exhaustion gas?
                return ThreatLevel::None;
            }
Vegastrike evolved
DEV YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Vegastrike evolved wiki
.rhavin
Explorer
Explorer

Post by .rhavin »

Well, nice to hear that it works for you. :roll:

as posted,

vegastrike.exe --debug=3 2>stderr.txt
just does … nothing, except from creating an empty file.

Any helpful advices/hints?

TIA.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

2>stderr.txt
That will only work on a Linux system it's called re-direction and just is not available with M$ OS's

IIRC stdout.txt and stderr.txt are created by default but overwritten on each execution now where they are will change with XP,Vista or Win 7/8.With XP check in the bin folder on the install.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
.rhavin
Explorer
Explorer

Post by .rhavin »

loki1950 wrote: That will only work on a Linux system it's called re-direction and just is not available with M$ OS's
æhm … thats excatly how redirection works on dos-shell: 1>foo.txt redirects stdout and 2>bar.txt redirects stderr. You may even redirect both by providing reference handle: 1>foo.txt 2>&1
pheonixstorm
Elite
Elite

Post by pheonixstorm »

Quick task manager (processes) to see if the game is running at all. Failing that turn your AV off and try again. If the exe does not start at all and does not spit out a stderr or stdout something is blocking the exe from even working, in which case the usual suspect is either your AV or something not cooperating with windows.

Run DXDiag and attach the log file to your next post and make sure your gfx and sfx drivers are current.
Because of YOU Arbiter, MY kids? can't get enough gas. OR NIPPLE! How does that mkae you feeeel? ~ Halo