Faction ratings

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
KhymMahn
Explorer
Explorer

Faction ratings

Post by KhymMahn »

Hi !

I have trouble with some of the factions. For some reasons I don´t understand, my relations with some factions are deteriorating, even when I haven´t done anything wrong to them. For example, my rating with the confeds is rapidly going down even if I never fired on a confed ship. Same goes for LIHW. Und some tugs keep firing their tractor beams at me, sometimes even pushing me into stations. That´s how I got problems with the uln.

What am I doing wrong? I shoot down pirates and luddites, and this helps somewhat with the confeds, but how do I get the LIHW and uln off my back?
I don´t want to start a new game, I just gut a shiny new Dostoyevsky!
andreasj
Merchant
Merchant

Post by andreasj »

I believe the ULN start hating you when you attack pirates. Don't know about LIHW, but if I remember correctly they are friends of the Forsaken, so you should leave them alone as well.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

@KhymMahn concentrate on Luddites for a while leave the pirates alone :wink: that should start to reverse your fortunes with the Uln and the rest who have ties to the pirates.Once your relations with the LIHW start down the ConFed start down as well.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
randolph
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by randolph »

I've been playing the 0.5 beta, and focusing purely on Luddites. Strangely, I've become positive standings with everyone else except the Uln, and each additional Luddite kill subtracts another point from my Uln standings... Is this a change in 0.5b from the faction relationships loki1950 described above?
Xante
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Xante »

Yes, it seems to me to. Fortunately, you can kill ulns without making anyone else angry, except maybe aera, I don't know.
()Alf
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by ()Alf »

you can kill ulns without making anyone else angry, except maybe aera,
Thats not correct, but can't remember details
Enjoy the Tri p :shock:
My Box:: Board: Fujitsu-Siemens D2156S; CPU: Pentium 4 - 3.4GHz Core²Duo; GraCa: ATI Radeon X1600Pro (PCIe); RAM: 3GB; Sound: Creative SB Audigy 1; 2xHD(ntfs): Pri_120GB,Sec_250GB; OS: Win-XP-Pro-SP2_32bit
Xante
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Xante »

I swear that I killed quite a bunch of Ulns in 0.5 without making anyone angry. Except maybe the luddities or aerans, but I don't know since I'm at minus 100 with them as well.
Nesmontu
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Nesmontu »

Killing Uln gets the forsaken mad at you, and if you shoot forsaken the LIHW are onto you, and if you kill one of those then the confeds are after your butt :shock:
Admonisher: 2x light ion beam - 2x shield breaker - 2x laser - 2x 15 dumbfires - 3 torpedos -- all with autotracking -- everyone beware! :twisted:
elwin
Explorer
Explorer

Post by elwin »

HWta about the kklk citizens? I have just killed pirates and a few luddites yet they seem to be angry at me. Really a pain in the ass beacouse when you start those guys seems to be everywhere.

i hjave said kklk citizen not kklk, surprisingly my realtions with kklk are good.

Please help. I had to restart the game ocne beacosue of this and its starting to happen again
Nyme
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Nyme »

So, if I have understood it right...

If you kill pirates -> LIHW and Forsaken relations go down
If you kill LIHW -> Confed relations go down

Great. It is now officially against the law to defend oneself against pirate attacks. And one can't even run away from them if they choose to kill the player!

In real life, you help the police to defeat the pirates.
In VegaStrike, police helps the pirates to defeat you!

I REALLY hope the rewrite of the relations is coming.

EDIT: Now that I have survived a bit longer (by tapping F1 key), I met the Uln. What the hell? From what I have read, these guys fight anyone, even their own kind. What is behind this? And I also see that my relation with pirates is -100, but still no hostilities from LIHW. May be that the F1 key has done its work on the relations.

EDIT: Seems that mechanist citizens have the same behaviour as the Uln. Today several of their unarmed ships tried to ram me and their mule started shooting me, and I have not provoked any aggression.