friends

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
Bien4500
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

friends

Post by Bien4500 »

hey im friends with the aera (49) but my releations with the confed are still 100
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Shissui »

This is not unusual. Aera approve if you kill almost anything but them; especially if you do it a lot. So, for the Confederacy to like you, then you have clearly not been hunting Pirates or members-in-good-standing of the Confederacy. [Don't ask me why the Confeds are allied to the Pirates, but they are.] Perhaps you have been shooting Luddites or ISO or Rlaan or Uln.

If you want to trade -- try to get as many factions as possible above zero. You cannot get EVERYBODY to like you without cheating. (& what would be the point -- how would you test your new ship.) But there are several choices for one faction to hate you & everybody else to love you.

On the flip side, it is not very hard to get everybody to hate you; especially if you hunt Pirates. [Pirates have LOTS of allies!] The big problem with that is that if everybody hates you, then you have no safe place to resupply -- hostile bases will shoot at you if you ask for docking permission. You will be forced to hit the "1" key a few hundred times (to temporarily improve relations with that squadron/base) before docking anywhere & plan on blowing it up on your way out if you save and quit (the game will forget that they gave you permission to land). Planets (Neutral faction) will always let you land, but never have the most interesting toys.
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Dark-Blood-Hound »

My friendhsip with EVERY faction is -10 so I always get a bad welcoming when entering a new system..
peter
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by peter »

Shissui wrote:This is not unusual. Aera approve if you kill almost anything but them; especially if you do it a lot. So, for the Confederacy to like you, then you have clearly not been hunting Pirates or members-in-good-standing of the Confederacy. [Don't ask me why the Confeds are allied to the Pirates, but they are.] Perhaps you have been shooting Luddites or ISO or Rlaan or Uln.
In SVN (10881), killing a couple pirates hasn't hurt my rep with anyone, AFAICT. I'd recommend saving your game before going pirate hunting, but for people playing SVN, it seems to have changed. Some older forum posts caution strongly against fighting back when pirates come after you. IIRC, Klauss recommended killing Luddites, since everyone hated them. This may only apply to the SVN version, and then maybe only to SVN a few months ago.

Doing cargo or patrol missions might improve your relations with the people who hired you. So accept some missions at an Uln base, or something. That's probably how I have rep 17 with them in my SVN game, not from pressing 1 that many times...
"The gods confound the man who first found out how to distinguish the hours!
Confound him, too, who in this place set up a sundial, to cut and hack my day so wretchedly into small pieces!" -- Plautus, 200 BC
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Shissui »

I have been reading the faction relationship files.

My earlier comment was in error. Pirates have two allies, Forsaken & Uln (043 & SVN). The problem is one level removed -- if you antagonise those two factions, you will soon have the world after you. The escalation *is* likely to be faster in SVN. So, if you hunt pirates, take care not to let those factions go negative.

Aeran kills will make more friends, and faster, than any other target. Luddites also have no friends but their enemies are less committed to their destruction. Pirates should also be popular targets, except that the allies that they do have are not overly impressed by Luddite & Aera kills.
Captain{}Blood
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Captain{}Blood »

I have slaughtered many a pirate, with a good torpedo boat, I was able to clear out a bank of corvettesI had to resupply a couple of times and I barely broke even on the job but hey, it was an adventure.