Weapons

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
simplex.spes
Trader
Trader

Weapons

Post by simplex.spes »

What would be some good weapons for light, medium, and heavy?
mortaneous
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Location: Some small planet, Parallel Earth, Resources Negligeble

Post by mortaneous »

I tend to prefer beams myself... Light: Laser, Medium: Disruptor, Heavy: K'tek. Haven't used any other type of gun in months.
simplex.spes
Trader
Trader

Post by simplex.spes »

Beams, huh? I find that they're so energy inefficient and they do minimal damage. However, they're very accurate, so I use them for long range.
I prefer bolts though as I possess a pair of modified neutron guns myself. "Modified" as in hacked, but just in the refire delay by 0.25 seconds. Bolt weapons are a lot cheaper too...

Anyways, thanks for the help. I find that I do much more damage now that I bought autotracking on all my weapons slots.
rrogers40
Trader
Trader

Post by rrogers40 »

I find beams are great for picking off turrets. I like fast firing bolt weapons that have tracking capabilities. I dont suggest tracking on your beam weapons because its hard to strafe a turret when its locked onto another point.
Plant Corn, Get Corn
simplex.spes
Trader
Trader

Post by simplex.spes »

Wha-cha!

That's incredible! I never though of using beams to pick off turrets! GENIUS!

I am now using a pair of modified of ktek beams
mortaneous
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Location: Some small planet, Parallel Earth, Resources Negligeble

Post by mortaneous »

I tend to have better luck killing with the beams, especially those Particle beams the milspec Goddard has... though its LR_Disruptor turrets are nice too... reach out and #$(#)%@! somebody from almost 30km.

Then again, I had no joystick starting out, and beams + autotracking was about the only way I could kill anyone. Haven't tried any bolt/ball weapons since I got a joystick.

If I was gonna mod, I think I'd give my Goddard some P-Minus beams like the Kahan has, but of course tweak down the refire delay.