Rescue pilots impossible?

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
Max
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Rescue pilots impossible?

Post by Max »

Hello Out there ;)

I tried a several rescue missions and I only was able to finish one with success (only rescue, no enemy) .

In all other missions (with enemies) the pilot were killed or run out of oxigen before I arrived him. Nearly all the time this happens a few seconds after I reached the NAV-Point (Jump Point or whatever) which I should look for.

Is it possible that some missions aren't accomplishable?

Do I have to kill all ships near the NAV-Point before I "pass" the NAV-Point?

Thx for your help.
light_gemini
Merchant
Merchant

Post by light_gemini »

Hi :D

Are you using the SVN version of vega strike? Are you moving to the pilot quickly enough? Going for him at full combat speed with spec on should normally give you enough time to pick up the pilot, if not this can be a bug.
----------------------------------
High above the clouds,alone,in a beautyfull and deadly world, I found my problems on the ground would never be important no more!!!
light_gemini
Merchant
Merchant

Post by light_gemini »

Ooops just a second thought. Dont try to fight the ships, rush like hell to pick up the pilot. Fight the enemys after you have him on board if you want, but head for the pilot first or it gets destroyed or out of air quickly.
Killing the enemys is not a requirement for the mission, only the pilot.

Tactic: Head for the wp as fast as you can (without overshooting).When the pilot appears as target go for him using afterburners with combat cap off. Start firing your tractor beam continuosly pointing at the pilot while still accelerating. When it is at your beam range it will be picked. Then stop firing the beam and run for the planet or fight off the attackers.
If properly done, this should never fail and you will get nearly all of the pilots.
----------------------------------
High above the clouds,alone,in a beautyfull and deadly world, I found my problems on the ground would never be important no more!!!
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Dark-Blood-Hound »

I do all that, but most of the time I forget to put the Tractor beam on, and lend up smashing right into the Ejection pod. :?
simplex.spes
Trader
Trader

Post by simplex.spes »

That's why you continuously fire your tractor beam, even before you're in range, so that you'll know that you have them enabled and that no other weapons are being used!
Vega Strike: Rock On Forever.
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

My tractorbeam doesn't work at all, is there some sort of fix?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

does it show as broken in the Upgrade screen :?:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
simplex.spes
Trader
Trader

Post by simplex.spes »

Yes, there IS a fix,

look for the announcement in the User Help section. :D
Vega Strike: Rock On Forever.
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

loki1950 wrote:does it show as broken in the Upgrade screen :?:

No, what I meant by "broken" as in it just doesn't work, like some sort of bug or glitch.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

like simplex.spes said there is a fix the sticky thread at the top of the USER HELP Forum.

my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Ok thanks you two. :wink: