Travelling is so slow !! I'm surely missing something

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
Tiquité
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Travelling is so slow !! I'm surely missing something

Post by Tiquité »

Hi,
I've just started the game and I'm surely missing something. It takes me ages to go from a place to another.

I just get off the starting point. And I was there in the sky, nothing near me !! I would have supposed there was a landing point there ('cause I was in just a few seconds ago), but nothing.

So I decicided to go ti the nearest thing in the sky. I red the doc. It tells about SPEC and Fly mode. I pressed A to have SPEC written on my screen (HUD??). I pressed T to have a target, aimed at the nearest target (a solar planet) at 16900 kilom and put the velocity to max using \. I finally reached the solar planet after 15 min, but there was nothing there. So I'm wondering how I can get to the one at 10.5LightSeconds !!

There must be a trcik, yes ther must be a trick....

Tiquité.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

@Tiquité hi me again :wink: SPEC multiplies your velocity vector what that means ingame is that target first line up acellerate out any gravity well use time-copression "F9" if you feel the need "F10" toggles it off.engage SPEC "a" the multipler should increase and the ramp down as you approch your target let it drop all the way to 1.check out the Quick Key Guide in the Players Guide for the default key bindings.

Enjoy the Choice :)
mortaneous
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Location: Some small planet, Parallel Earth, Resources Negligeble

Post by mortaneous »

Put briefly: (from 0 velocity)
1. Point ship at target
2. Use \ or + or joystick throttle to accelerate towards the target
3. Engage SPEC

You'll probably have to adjust course a few times as you approach your target just due to the innacuracy of long-distance aiming.

Don't try manuvering in SPEC until you get more comfortable with how it works.
To manuver, I reccomend: drop out of SPEC, turn, wait for your velocity to stabilize, re-engage SPEC... otherwise you can easily and unwittingly fly past your target even though you thought you were aiming at it.
Nano_Lite
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Nano_Lite »

If you're trying to get out of a planet's gravity well, and there's nothing(as in ships, stations, ect) directly in front of you, then you can use flight mode! Simply press Y then accelerate. WOW!! Your max speed is now 100 times your normal combat speed. For instance, a llama's max combat speed is 720, which means that it's max flight speed is 720000. But, be careful. At high speeds, it takes just as long to slow down as it does to speed up. Be wary of turning and such in flight mode, so aim for your target as best you can. Also, only use SPEC if you're in a comfortable range of speed, as SPECing in flight mode(at, say, 10000) will get you there very fast, but you'll most likely overshoot.

Happy flying :D
BE GOOD.
Tiquité
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Tiquité »

Hi all,
Thks for your help.
I can now fly, and getting better at it !
But I can't find any more my starting point. Was that a vessel, or a planet ? I c'ant find it in my solar system (I still haven't perform any jump, so I'm still in my starting solar system : I simply don't know what was my starting point).

Tiquité.
Oblivion
Artisan Extraordinaire
Artisan Extraordinaire

Post by Oblivion »

It's the oceanic planet Atlantis. :D

Here' a suggestion for a cargo run:

Serenity>Atlantis and vice versa.
A Step Into Oblivion

Dreams of things that will never be,
Songs of thoughts only I can hear,
Leave me be to sleep forever,
To dream my dreams,
And sing my hymns,
Of things that will never be...
Nano_Lite
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Nano_Lite »

I STILL do that run, even with a mule and several million credits...O_O
BE GOOD.
rubikcube
Merchant
Merchant

Post by rubikcube »

Nano_Lite wrote:I STILL do that run, even with a mule and several million credits...O_O
I just hope THAT will be fixed :)
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

Ummm???? What game is this?
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

the base vega strike of course :wink:

micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

I take that it is nothing like PR.

Team Fortress 2
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

I take that it is nothing like PR.

Team Fortress 2
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Dark-Blood-Hound »

Hmm, sometimes accelerating then iniciating spec is fast, sometimes it takes forever..
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

in 0.4.3 it depends on the proximity of gravity wells.

my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
darthbob88
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by darthbob88 »

As noted, the SPEC is limited by the proximity of gravity wells and such like. My method is to get the nearest planet in the aft crosshairs, so I'm traveling directly away from the planet, engage full throttle and SPEC, then hit y and accelerate until the SPEC hits 10 or so. The result is that I usually travel PDQ and decelerate all the way out, so I can maneuver when I get near to the target.
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Dark-Blood-Hound »

I sometimes do that :D
Regan
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Regan »

Nano_Lite wrote:If you're trying to get out of a planet's gravity well, and there's nothing(as in ships, stations, ect) directly in front of you, then you can use flight mode! Simply press Y then accelerate. WOW!! Your max speed is now 100 times your normal combat speed. For instance, a llama's max combat speed is 720, which means that it's max flight speed is 720000. But, be careful. At high speeds, it takes just as long to slow down as it does to speed up. Be wary of turning and such in flight mode, so aim for your target as best you can. Also, only use SPEC if you're in a comfortable range of speed, as SPECing in flight mode(at, say, 10000) will get you there very fast, but you'll most likely overshoot.

Happy flying :D
My llama can do 1440 at max combat, and I haven't started mucking with the engines yet.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

they are the same Regan just different units 1440 km/hr and 720 m/sec the 720 is in the SVN version.

my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
darthbob88
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by darthbob88 »

loki1950 wrote:they are the same Regan just different units 1440 km/hr and 720 m/sec the 720 is in the SVN version.

Eh? Methinks your math is off. Approximately, 720m/s is equivalent to 2592km/hr, or about 80% faster than 1440km/hr. Perhaps you mean the top speed of the beginning Llama?
jackS
Minister of Information
Minister of Information

Post by jackS »

also worth noting - the "difficulty" setting changes the speed governors (and accelerations), so values may not be comparable between different players :)