Help with the mule

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
AlbertSpeer
Trader
Trader

Help with the mule

Post by AlbertSpeer »

I just bought a Mule to add to my fleet (I also have a Llama, a Pacifier and a Plowshare). Unfortunately, the Uln hate my guts, and keep attacking me every half-hour or so. What should I put on the Mule to make it slightly more spaceworthy?
Now did the Lord say, "First thou pullest the Holy Pin. Then thou must count to three. Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenade in the direction of thine foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.12
GC/CS/E/IT/M/S d+ s+:+ a--->? C+++ UB+++/L+/X+ P+ L+>+++++ E--- W++>+++ N- !o K w--- ?O M++>$ ?V PS+++ PE-- Y+ PGP- t 5++ R tv-- b+++>++++$ DI++++>$ D++ G++>+++++ e->+++++ h! r->r+++ y-
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

@AlbertSpeer you could harden your defences ie armor and shields.the other option is shoot them before they shoot you :roll: long range weapons that reach them before there weapons are in range.or find a cloaking device and avoid them completely and there is always hitting "1" till they are converted to friends(it can take awile :wink: )

Enjoy the Choice :)
light_gemini
Merchant
Merchant

Post by light_gemini »

You could also install beam turrets instead of bolt/projectile ones, their aim is far more accurate. But anyway the mule is quite harmless in a fight AFAIK.
----------------------------------
High above the clouds,alone,in a beautyfull and deadly world, I found my problems on the ground would never be important no more!!!
AlbertSpeer
Trader
Trader

Post by AlbertSpeer »

I seem to be making out pretty well by just fleeing any fight and getting out my Pacifier (4 Neutron guns, 2 laser beams, 2 bays of heatseeker, 1 rack of image recognition, 2 bays torps) to blow away the Uln's llamas. Given that my relationship is now -100, and I have 11 kills against them, I doubt that pressing 1 will help me much.
Now did the Lord say, "First thou pullest the Holy Pin. Then thou must count to three. Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenade in the direction of thine foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.12
GC/CS/E/IT/M/S d+ s+:+ a--->? C+++ UB+++/L+/X+ P+ L+>+++++ E--- W++>+++ N- !o K w--- ?O M++>$ ?V PS+++ PE-- Y+ PGP- t 5++ R tv-- b+++>++++$ DI++++>$ D++ G++>+++++ e->+++++ h! r->r+++ y-
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
light_gemini
Merchant
Merchant

Post by light_gemini »

lol, that would be a very loooooong apologise :lol:

I also noticed that you should buy a milspec. mule instead of the stock model. Reason?

Milspec Mule:
-10,800 to 16,200 MJ Shields right as it comes to you

Stock Mule:
-4,860 MJ Shields with the BEST upgrade you can find (heavy shield)

And the shield upgrade is like 2,000,000 credits VS 200,000 of extra cost for the milspec version.

A milspec mule can just safely ignore little fighters most of the time.

PD- I dont know if heavy shield lvl 9 is the best upgrade, it can take a light capital shield maybe?
High above the clouds,alone,in a beautyfull and deadly world, I found my problems on the ground would never be important no more!!!
light_gemini
Merchant
Merchant

Post by light_gemini »

lol, that would be a very loooooong apologise :lol:

I also noticed that you should buy a milspec. mule instead of the stock model. Reason?

Milspec Mule:
-10,800 to 16,200 MJ Shields right as it comes to you

Stock Mule:
-4,860 MJ Shields with the BEST upgrade you can find (heavy shield)

And the shield upgrade is like 2,000,000 credits VS 200,000 of extra cost for the milspec version.

A milspec mule can just safely ignore little fighters most of the time.

PD- I dont know if heavy shield lvl 9 is the best upgrade, it can take a light capital shield maybe?