goddard costs

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
cyrus77889
Trader
Trader

goddard costs

Post by cyrus77889 »

how much money does it even take to buy a non milispec goddard?

thanks
Nicko
Trader
Trader

Post by Nicko »

Never seen a non milspec goddard, think it doesn't exist (don't ask ME why...)
mortaneous
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Location: Some small planet, Parallel Earth, Resources Negligeble

Post by mortaneous »

Given that it's an advanced/new model heavy bomber, I actually find it kinda funny that it's even for sale without some priveledged access at starbases or through the black market. Militaries try not to let the latest fruits of their R&D go to just any privateer with enough cash.

Story aside, the non-milspec goddard probably just isn't in the file that controls the economy (master_parts_list.csv I think) or it's entry doesn't have valid locations where it's for sale. You can always edit your save file to give yourself one if you want to test it out.
Silverain
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by Silverain »

mortaneous wrote:Given that it's an advanced/new model heavy bomber, I actually find it kinda funny that it's even for sale without some priveledged access at starbases or through the black market. Militaries try not to let the latest fruits of their R&D go to just any privateer with enough cash.

Story aside, the non-milspec goddard probably just isn't in the file that controls the economy (master_parts_list.csv I think) or it's entry doesn't have valid locations where it's for sale. You can always edit your save file to give yourself one if you want to test it out.
When you consider a .blank is just the stripped down shell of a .milspec vesion craft (i.e. removed all default itemry and left the hull only), the main reasoning then is that goddards are not sold as a hull only, but as a complete ship.

As to availability, that is being considered, but requires a bit more development both code wise and story/background wise to implement completely.
THOUGHT CRIME! [points finger] THOUGHT CRIME!
cyrus77889
Trader
Trader

Post by cyrus77889 »

darn ill just have to get the one at the starbase then... :?

could you guys tell me what how much money ill need to fully arm it (etc. cloaking device,turrets reactors and the such :D
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Dark-Blood-Hound »

I'm so poor I can't even afford a Hyena!
simplex.spes
Trader
Trader

Post by simplex.spes »

What? I've seen a Goddard on sale before... it was a rare find though after I left, it never came back... Oh well, I still have fun with my Lancelot. :wink:
Vega Strike: Rock On Forever.
mortaneous
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by mortaneous »

Goddards are kinda rare, and I think milspec go for about 1500000.. it's been so long since I bought mine, I haven't paid much attention.
spaceburner
Explorer
Explorer

Post by spaceburner »

2,700,000 credits for my goddard in 0.43.
I got it at Cephid 17 fighter barracks
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Dark-Blood-Hound »

simplex.spes wrote:What? I've seen a Goddard on sale before... it was a rare find though after I left, it never came back... Oh well, I still have fun with my Lancelot. :wink:
Yeh, I found one on an Industrial planet but their too much!
Captain{}Blood
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Captain{}Blood »

What is the meanest big gun you can put in the Goddard for long range sniping. I was hoping to start hijacking Corvettes, the whole thing. I want to snipe the main systems such as radar and propulsion and power and then haul it off for sale.
mortaneous
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by mortaneous »

The milspec comes with a pair of Light-Capship Particle beams with about a 9-10km range, then the turrets have LR_Disruptors that can do something around 20km... though until the Ogre port is done, your tactic of sniping the vital systems is impossible. At best you can pick off their turrets from a distance, but there's no way to take down individual systems or disable a ship, it's a clean kill or an escape. No hauling off for sale yet.
Captain{}Blood
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Captain{}Blood »

Damn, just after I started hijacking pirate plowshares with crippler and leach mmo and a tractor
mortaneous
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by mortaneous »

hmm, I haven't used the leech or crippler guns in a while (since 0.4.3)... perhaps their effects allow you to disable the whole ship so it can be taken as cargo... I never was entirely certain on their effects aside from seeming to take shields down faster. Perhaps they drain energy from the caps/reactors, preventing shield maintenance and weapon operation.
ravenhawk82
Trader
Trader

Post by ravenhawk82 »

spaceburner wrote:2,700,000 credits for my goddard in 0.43.
I got it at Cephid 17 fighter barracks
yup. same figures here. i found that they are most common in fighter barracks.... havent found them anywere else tho.