Fighting confed

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
Stakhanov
Merchant
Merchant

Fighting confed

Post by Stakhanov »

This time I fell prey to a swift , unforgiving lancelot fighter... I thought they were Highborn exclusive , but apparently not. I had several unpleasant encounters with confed ships but most of them either couldn't chase me for long or were easy to destroy when no aera friends were around (the franklin especially is surprisingly fragile)

The Confed got angry with me indirectly - at first I was just fighting pirates and uln , then for some reason the forsaken grew hostile. Then the LIHW sprung to their defense , and I had to kill them to survive , so the Confed started hating me. However , other human factions (including homeland security) are still friendly , so I can't afford to kill too many confed ships at a time.

What ship would be best suited to managing this nuisance ? Maybe the lancelot itself is the best answer , but it's so expensive... I also considered buying an ariston (aelar) but there's no way I'm going to spend 2 millions on autotrackers. Capships are elusive too , I could only find milspec goddards (2.7 millions) and the luddite asteroid fighter base provided no redeemer or any interesting ship.

I also read some news that a rlaan fleet had destroyed confed ships at some point. Which factions (besides obvious aera , luddite , pirate and ISO) hate the Confed ? Is it calculated on the fly depending on how the universe evolves ? I don't mind travelling in hostile space provide that the occupiers shoot the Confed as well , and stand a chance against them - I went for a bounty against 16 hyenas for 230k credits , taking them out one by one without too much trouble , but that lancelot ignored their combined attacks just to come kill me.

Even aera space isn't safe nowadays - most "claimed" systems are roamed more by human or rlaan ships , than by aera. At this point , I'd travel for as long as it takes to find any alien home system... preferably the Unknown , I can't wait to lure capships to their demise :P
To Megatherion
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by To Megatherion »

Yeah, the Unknown are great. Always nice to see merchie ships materialize near a station (or those awesome beholder ships). The only thing I don't like about the Unknown is their tendency to shoot at every merchant...even those that materialize for a defend mission (since these are always merchants, no matter what the mission text says)

Was it only one Lancelot that was giving you such trouble? I mean, they surely have some firepower but are not invincible. With a Goddard you should be able to wipe a Lancelot out. I daresay that you can achieve the same with a Taizong or those two bigger Aeran ships (all of which will be a bit expansive. A cloaking device can help, too.
Just like Lot's wife I could never look back

Megatherion - selling YOUR wines all over the Galaxy.
If you're producing wine that deserves the name and need clients in all parts of the universe, be sure to check and call 1-800-MEGATHERION!
Only the best wines - everywhere.
mortaneous
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Location: Some small planet, Parallel Earth, Resources Negligeble

Post by mortaneous »

Doesn't sound like he's got a Goddard. That would be quite capable though. Two turrets and 8 (I think) forward gun mounts. Very nice.

Personally I like the Pacifier - 4 forward heavy mounts are quite sufficient. I love my K'tek Beams. No turrets, unfortunately, but plenty of space for missiles/torpedoes. I'll have to see if it got "balanced" too badly in the latest SVN updates.
To Megatherion
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by To Megatherion »

Actually I don't use the turrets on my Goddard that much... it's strong enough without them. Only if it get's too crowded I take some of them buggers down with them or if someone is following me and won't go away.
Just like Lot's wife I could never look back

Megatherion - selling YOUR wines all over the Galaxy.
If you're producing wine that deserves the name and need clients in all parts of the universe, be sure to check and call 1-800-MEGATHERION!
Only the best wines - everywhere.