Against the Aera? Better NO.

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
Karnizero
Trader
Trader

Against the Aera? Better NO.

Post by Karnizero »

The question is:

Is it possible to destroy am Aera ship in combat?
I have a Gawain ship, with Armor modification (isometal), with full Hull damage (2300), full shields (2, level 2), and good weapons, but the Aera ship just smashes me like a fly... :cry:

Each shot, reduces the Isometal armor in 6 or 7 points, and anulates all shields...

There is any tactic?

Actually, i prefer not to visit the Aera sectors, this would be a suicide... :lol:
wtrmute
Explorer
Explorer

Post by wtrmute »

It's possible to destroy several Aera ships with a Gawain with isometal armor, so long as none of them is a capship. For that, you need a bomber (any ship with torpedoes, I'm partial to the Taizong myself) and a cloaking device.

The standard procedure for killing capital ships goes like this: approach the victim cloaked. Locate a turret and position yourself close to it. Uncloak, blast it away with your guns and cloak again. Repeat the procedure for the other turrets until they're all gone. Finally, pick up some distance from the capship and fire your torpedoes at it -- it should go down, eventually.
To Megatherion
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by To Megatherion »

Well, you surely can kill smaller Aera craft. Never tried it with a Gawain (actually I never tried at all). But since I possess 2 Aera craft I can tell you they can't take more damage than other ships. THe key is to avoid their fire, especially penetrator tends to shred shields and hull very efficiently.
Of course it is not easy to avoid those Aera shooting at you. Best guess on how to destroy them is buying a goddard and using the Turrets to fry them. Or a well aimed torpedo, but in my exoerience the turrets work better.
Just like Lot's wife I could never look back

Megatherion - selling YOUR wines all over the Galaxy.
If you're producing wine that deserves the name and need clients in all parts of the universe, be sure to check and call 1-800-MEGATHERION!
Only the best wines - everywhere.