redeemer

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
JoeB4226
Explorer
Explorer

redeemer

Post by JoeB4226 »

i was looking for a smaller ship with decent firepower. I tried the redeemer and found that it was a pretty good ship. It has good firepower (but i need 2 reactors (lvl 1+2) to keep it going) and it is also has a shield 4 which seemed rare on fighters.

I know its a Luddie ship but it seems to be a good one. I haven't seen anyone on the forums talking about using a redeemer so I thought I'd throw this out there.
A wise man once said: " If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for an hour. Light a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life."
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

The redeemer has a special place in my heart since it was the first model I ever inserted into Vega Strike. The model does look very nice. Funny, I never tried flying it in-game, and I never run across any like I used to in 0.4.2.

I guess I'll have to try it out sometime.
Kangaroo
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Kangaroo »

Hmm. I have got a Redeemer by tractoring it in with my Ox. It is a good ship if properly equipped, just like every other ship. But you won't kill 20 hyenas on a Redeemer without a cloaking device or a powerful afterburner. Ilike how the Redeemer looks - a well thought-out design.
There are no stupid people on Earth; they are only alternatively thinking.
Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

Yes, etheral walker did a nice job.

He never did send the weapon pontoons, though. At least not that I saw.
To Megatherion
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by To Megatherion »

Always wanted to have a redeemer (I'm trying to get the whole collection of buyable ships) but I never saw one for sale. Even when I found a Luddite Fighter barracks I couldn't buy one (presumably they were sold out because of the nice design).
Just like Lot's wife I could never look back

Megatherion - selling YOUR wines all over the Galaxy.
If you're producing wine that deserves the name and need clients in all parts of the universe, be sure to check and call 1-800-MEGATHERION!
Only the best wines - everywhere.
prolog
Hunter
Hunter

Post by prolog »

Kangaroo22 wrote:Hmm. I have got a Redeemer by tractoring it in with my Ox. It is a good ship if properly equipped, just like every other ship. But you won't kill 20 hyenas on a Redeemer without a cloaking device or a powerful afterburner. Ilike how the Redeemer looks - a well thought-out design.
Agreed. For me, the Redeemer is currently one of the nicest looking ships in the game, IMO. (I also really like the Admonisher)
Current rig: Refurbished Robin
andreasj
Merchant
Merchant

Post by andreasj »

I think the Gawain is the nicest-looking ship :p

But about the Redeemer, I came across stock
and milspec Redeemers on a pirates mining base
(in my case in Asgard/Solace and Vegastrike SVN).
So look for some pirate systems if you want to buy
one.
andreasj
Merchant
Merchant

Post by andreasj »

Just a note for anyone who wants to try it:
looks like the Redeemer is not capable of carrying
a jump drive, at least not in SVN.