Ox questions

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
To Megatherion
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Ox questions

Post by To Megatherion »

I just bought myself a nice little ox, since it isn't harder to handle than a mule but can take much more damage, can carry huge loads of stuff, has better weapon mounts and more turrets...sounds nice.
My question is, why can't I equip it with something more powerful than a lvl 1 reactor, which produces hardly enough energy for my shields. Moreover, the ox is the first ship I saw that actually uses up the SPEC energy bar. Is this normal?
And can I dock an ox to a refinery. Tried it today and damaged the thing and the ox, which wasn't what I intended
Just like Lot's wife I could never look back

Megatherion - selling YOUR wines all over the Galaxy.
If you're producing wine that deserves the name and need clients in all parts of the universe, be sure to check and call 1-800-MEGATHERION!
Only the best wines - everywhere.
To Megatherion
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by To Megatherion »

Ok, so it seems like I won't be able to fit a reactor higher than lvl 1 into my Ox. This is just ridiculous, even a llama can take a bigger one.
So, can anyone tell me what I have to do to change this? Already had a look into units.csv and ox.blank files, changed things that looked right but nothing happened.
Just like Lot's wife I could never look back

Megatherion - selling YOUR wines all over the Galaxy.
If you're producing wine that deserves the name and need clients in all parts of the universe, be sure to check and call 1-800-MEGATHERION!
Only the best wines - everywhere.
ideler
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ideler »

ox.template is the file you might want to look into. I think that governs what can, and cannot fit on a ship.