The never-ending debate about ships

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
deibido
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Re: The never-ending debate about ships

Post by deibido »

Excepting the Goddard, which seems universally accepted as the best ship ever:

First I want to say that I don't much care for the Goddard. It flies like a pig and it's boring. Keep in mind I am a total noob, but I inherited a trust fund from Grandpa Savegamehack.

1. Please list the most important features of a bounty-hunter ship.

Guns.

and power for them.

2. Please list the biggest drawbacks that might be found on a ship.

lack of upgrade space really sucks. but for what you are talking about the biggest drawback I have found is too weak shields that don't regenrate fast enough on an unmanueverable pig.

3. How important is combat speed vs. maneuverability?

for dogfighting I think they need to be well balanced. Kickin' Overdrives are indicated. Turning like a bloated hog in a mudpit is contra-indicated.

4. What is your personal choice for a bounty hunter ship, and what kind of success have you had with it?

So far I like the Lancelot. Mine is Milspec loaded with twin Razors and twin Reapers and heatseekers in the missle tubes. I also put a tractor beam on it just for fun. I also sprung for uber-shields and mega-reactors.

Success? I took out a flight of Pirate Corvettes without even trying. They popped like balloons when I opened up on them. Seriously, the suckers folded in less than three seconds a piece. Hyenas go boom in less than a second of direct fire and Plowshares might as well be Pinatas. If I start getting hit a few seconds of afterburn gets me out of trouble.

Second favorite right now is the Derivative.

5. Is your choice of ship equally effective against capships and other fighters and merchant ships?

Yeah. Its only issue seems to be a lck of Hvy Msl so no torps.

ut the guns never run out with the reactor I have on it and the shields are as strong as a Milspec Mule (almost) It may take awhile but a lone capship will go down under those reapers eventually, as they keep me out of beam range.