Quick Guide for Winetraders

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
To Megatherion
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Quick Guide for Winetraders

Post by To Megatherion »

Hello! Since money is always something we need, here's a guide how to make some with speciality wines.
1) Be sure your relations with Aera and/or Rlaan are either good, or your shields really strong.
2) Fly to Aera/Rlaan Space
3) Buy wines at Aera/Rlaan stations (not commerce, though). Rlaan are selling wines cheaper (~4500 Creds), but their stations tend to be a pain in the ass to dock onto. Buy the wine on any arid planet as well (6000 creds) +, when in Rlaan space the rlaan food they're selling, which with you also can make some money.
4) When full, return to LIHW, Andolian etc. space and find a refinery, who whill buy speciality wines for ~11000 Creds.
5) Repeat
Of course there are other ways of making money, but with a ship with limited cargo capacity (mule, goddard, dostoevsky *g*...) quite a nice way of getting more money. And think of those poor bastards at the refineries, who need the stuff
Just like Lot's wife I could never look back

Megatherion - selling YOUR wines all over the Galaxy.
If you're producing wine that deserves the name and need clients in all parts of the universe, be sure to check and call 1-800-MEGATHERION!
Only the best wines - everywhere.
Gilesey
Merchant
Merchant

Re: Quick Guide for Winetraders

Post by Gilesey »

To Megatherion wrote:...Of course there are other ways of making money, but with a ship with limited cargo capacity (mule, goddard, dostoevsky *g*...) ...
A mule has limited space? never. Do you mean Llama? I agree with the refineries bit - I've always found them to willing to take my wine at a premium.

This is how I usually make my money - I fly around doing missions for people and buy wine where it's cheap and sell it at the nearest refinery.

Tried making money the hard way using a Mule to trade in bulk, but it's so slow I find it's hardly worth it. My ship of choice is now the Admonisher, a good all rounder like the Llama but with more cargo space and firepower.
Kangaroo
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Kangaroo »

I've found that trading with Mule is easy. Just buy everything you want, switch your ship to a lighter one, fly to the destination, switch to mule and sell. Easy. :)
There are no stupid people on Earth; they are only alternatively thinking.
To Megatherion
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by To Megatherion »

Oh...yeah. I meant the Llama.
Bought my first Mule just now and must say it really IS a bit inert.

@Kangaroo
This method, while not explicitly forbidden, is somehow...crooked.
Living strictly after your sig, ain't ya?

If you're producing wine that deserves the name and need clients in all parts of the universe, be sure to check and call 1-800-MEGATHERION!
Ryder P. Moses
Daredevil Venturer
Daredevil Venturer

Post by Ryder P. Moses »

Crooked? He just invented upper management.
To Megatherion
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by To Megatherion »

Yeah, and who would say that management isn't all according to rules and truth and suchlike *g*.

Lam 'al Adie
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Lam 'al Adie »

Hi,
I've found that trading with Mule is easy. Just buy everything you want, switch your ship to a lighter one, fly to the destination, switch to mule and sell. Easy.
Yeah,that's a nice one. But doing this you ought to take care, that you do not have any missions runnning! Whenever you change your ship, all missions get lost.
The other thing is, that, when my mule is full, I cannot take any cargo in my smaller vessel - the cargo-bay is always full. So there is no need for you to install tractor beams on your small ship.

Crooked? He just invented upper management.
Come on, you never did that? I wouldn't want to fly a mule. That thing steers like a cow.a soon as I found out, that it got delivered with all the cargo, I took the chance. Now I'm looking for an Ox.

Greetings, Lamal.
Gilesey
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Gilesey »

Kangaroo22 wrote:I've found that trading with Mule is easy. Just buy everything you want, switch your ship to a lighter one, fly to the destination, switch to mule and sell. Easy. :)
Obvious - but I hadn't thought of that. But doesn't it cost 50,000 credits to transport your ship from it's current location?

Surely that would eat a lot of your profits. Fine for in-system work I suppose where ship transport is free.
Lam 'al Adie
Explorer
Explorer

profits are still good.

Post by Lam 'al Adie »

Obvious - but I hadn't thought of that. But doesn't it cost 50,000 credits to transport your ship from it's current location?

Surely that would eat a lot of your profits. Fine for in-system work I suppose where ship transport is free.
It just depends on _what_ and how much of that you buy. Oceanic Planets will give you good quantities of food that you can sell for a gain of 30 or more Credits. Since many Oceanic Planets sell more than 10000 units of food (all flavours), you can have a plus of 300k credits.
Well, 50k for the transport of my mule ain't that much of a problem, even 100k (for the transport to the next oceanic planet that is willing to sell enough food) are just a minor nuisance considering my profits.

The only problem here is, that the cargo is not strictly related to the vessel... Tha cargo bay of your smaller ship will be full after buying all good cargo from one planet (into your mule).

Greetings
Lamal