Who will buy Research goods?

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
Legend
Atmospheric Pilot
Atmospheric Pilot

Who will buy Research goods?

Post by Legend »

I purchased a bunch of research goods (Quantum Deductors and Synthetic Limbs) and now I can't find anyone who will pay more than 10 apiece for them. Is there anywhere I can sell them at a profit?
Space Pirate
Mercenary
Mercenary

Research

Post by Space Pirate »

This is a well documented problem with the Vega Strike economy. I think this will be fixed when the economy is overhauled, solving this problem as well as others. If you still have the cargo, try to sell it back to the research station/to another research station so you won't lose your money.
Ari Rahikkala
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Actually, I think I've been able to sell everything I've bought at university planets, though not always at a profit. Industries like industrial research, certain kinds of planets (at least bio diverse ones) like environmental research, the military and/or industries like electronics research... medical stations might or might not like medical research - I don't know whether you're supposed to haul that stuff from universities to medical research stations or vice versa...
Nightshadow3002
Trader
Trader

Post by Nightshadow3002 »

I purchased a bunch of research goods (Quantum Deductors and Synthetic Limbs) and now I can't find anyone who will pay more than 10 apiece for them. Is there anywhere I can sell them at a profit?
I got the same problem: I bought the stuff at a Volcanic planet for a very low price but even research stations (and medical stations) did not want to buy it. I did not even find a planet to sell it and I tried nearly any kind.
Enjoy the Night
Nightshadow

All my enemies now Rest in Pieces!
blue_cephalopod
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Post by blue_cephalopod »

I sold some bionics for a profit at a bio simple planet i think.

Buy medical research from research stations and sell at medical stations. The description of resistant biologics(bacteria or something similar sorry for my vagueness) suggests that u should buy this from medical stations and sell to research but i have not tried as it is contraband and ive not found any medical stations near research stations.

Also factory stations like industrial research but trantor class planets don't.
smbarbour
Fearless Venturer
Fearless Venturer

Post by smbarbour »

Here is a list of who is defined for research cargo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I've stopped playing. I'm waiting for a new release.

I've kicked the MMO habit for now, but if I maintain enough money for an EVE-Online subscription, I'll be gone again.
Stakhanov
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Stakhanov »

Research prices are odd... sometimes it's just a 40% margin (not worth the effort of finding adequate research buyers) but I managed to sell self-healing metal on a Trantor class planet for 10 times its price !