Money

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
Stellanaut

Money

Post by Stellanaut »

How do you gat good money when you start without bug exploits or combat? A cargo mission can be worth 10,000, where i'm trying to make several million to buy a mule.
gazzy
Hunter
Hunter

Post by gazzy »

try to improve the relations with factions, by doing bounty and defend missions for them, or by killing alot of pirates- they will give you alot more money for missions then.
Javi
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Javi »

I started out trading. Took me quite a few runs to get some cash, though. But I like taking it easy, looking around and ejoying the scenery :) .

Cargo missions give me up to 150000 (but that's perhaps because I play in easiest mode available?). I'm having a go at bounty missions, but I still have to train. Get myself blasted to bits quite often, I recon that's because I use too heavy guns with too little power and awful aiming :wink: . So if I can't improve on my aim I'll have to downgrade my guns for a higher firing rate.

Keep at it! There are so many things to do.

Greets.

Javi
wirser
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by wirser »

here are a few tips

get your hull full and keep it full ,buy your upgrades with your profits after filling your hull

higher value items have more profit if you buy/sell at the right times

respect those you trade with: ones contraband is anothers treasure
example : bionics type of cargo is sometimes illegal in some systems
Last edited by wirser on Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
gazzy
Hunter
Hunter

Post by gazzy »

wirser wrote: respect those you trade with: ones contraband is anothers treasure
i haven't found contraband to be very useful...
Last edited by gazzy on Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wirser
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by wirser »

better?
bodanel
Trader
Trader

Post by bodanel »

I buy in the oldzey system food and liquor on the bio diverse planets and I sell those on the ice planet. I make around 100k for turn. After one one or two turns i go in the cephid system and go to atlantis(i find here 50-80 specialty wines and 200-300 cofee) buy food and liqour and sell those on serenity. I was get 800k in no time and I am new to the game so....
Best regards
Kangaroo
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Kangaroo »

How did you get 150k for a cargo mission? Everybody says that it's about relationship, but i have +100 with everybody except pirates, luddities, uln and dgn. Does it have anything to do with these factions? My average reward for a cargo mission is 25k and my capital is about 3 millions together with ships. By the way, why can't i sell my first llama?
Lam 'al Adie
Explorer
Explorer

making money in Cephid17...

Post by Lam 'al Adie »

what to buy:
Oceanic:Atlantis
Compressed Gasses, Food, Liquor, Mining- and Medical supplies
Mining base, Relay, Barracks: Raw Materials

When cargo space is to small (that means: when there a) are still many things to buy and b) enough money remains in your pocket) go for a larger trade-vessel (Plowshare or Mule).

With the right cargo, you can easily make some 5Mio in no time!

Buy Starships (as Cargo). To do so, you must have a Mule or something bigger. For me it's Confed ships to buy.
Sometimes you will meet big trade vessels (as far as i can say the faction is always mechanist) that will buy these for more than 115% of your price. Since spaceships are really expensive to buy, you will end up with +15% of really much money.
Funny thing is, that these ships remain in your starsystem for some time, so you can go ahead and buy more ships to sell there.
After four or five of these tours you will have transferred all valuable ships to that vessel. After that you will probably want to move on to another starsystem.
(Yes, I would love to have an Ox full of Confed/Heavy and Confed/Milspec vessels for trade :-) )
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

@kangaroo22 just think of your first Llama as an ace in the hole i've lost count of the number times i've limped back to a base in the escape pod and my Llama sure was handy to generate more capital. of course i'd beefed it up before buying another ship. you can sell the escape pod to.

Enjoy the Choice :)
ntubski
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by ntubski »

just think of your first Llama as an ace in the hole i've lost count of the number times i've limped back to a base in the escape pod and my Llama sure was handy to generate more capital. of course i'd beefed it up before buying another ship. you can sell the escape pod to.
How do you get back to a base in an escape pod with max speed 3600 and no SPEC!? :shock: Does it take like 24 hours?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Time compression "F8" but it still takes forever and one time i bumped a Raalln starfortress it was in an astroid field and finding the docking point is not obvious and got fragged for the bump.

Kangaroo
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Kangaroo »

loki1950 wrote:Time compression "F8"
I thought time compression is activated by F9? Or at least in 0.4.3?
There are no stupid people on Earth; they are only alternatively thinking.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

you're right Kangaroo22 it is "F9" :oops: