Hunter Medium Interceptor/Fighter: Robin

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
parkel
Hunter
Hunter

Hunter Medium Interceptor/Fighter: Robin

Post by parkel »

Here I am today, back with another review!~
This time, it's the robin. As I mentioned in my last review, the lancelot, I would most probably be making a robin review... Did I not?

Ok... Since this time I was lazy to earn all the money to get a robin just for a review, I hacked. I'm gonna start hacking ships for reviews next time... I guess...

LOOKS
The robin actually looks like a paper plane... Especially the wings. On looks, I will give it a score of 8/10.
Being so, because the robin actually looks like a fighter plane, unlike the lancelot which is a fighter/interceptor but doesn't look like one.

MANEUVERABILITY
In terms of maneuverability, it surpasses that of the schroedinger, possibly one of the fastest ships in vegastrike.
The turning, pitching and rolling of this ship DOES beat schroedinger's, but the acceleration curve is in fact worse than the schroedinger's. But, comparing the speed of schroedinger (800+ m/s), with the speed of robin (406 m/s), it actually balances out the acceleration.

I give 9/10 for maneuverability.

ARMAMENTS
3 Light Mounted Weapons
4 Special/Special Missile
2 Light/Medium Missile

This ship is good for close combating and intercepting. This ship is much easier to handle than lancelot... But I need to point this out. Lancelot is a HEAVY ship.

For the 3 light mounted spaces, 3 lasers or even 3 ion bursters will be ideal. The main reason is that these weapons have a good range for close combating and a moderate damage amount. But, calculating the DPS (damage-per-second), the laser actually does more damage, while using lesser energy per shot. And it doesn't need ammo as well! :P

As for the 4 Special/Special Missile spaces... Either you can choose to put killer bees (they have awesome damage if you keep spamming them :D) or just put a couple (1 or 2) tractors there to "keep soup in your bowl". Meaning, you hold the enemy where it is and you keep firing. But tractoring, IMO, is not recommended.

Lastly, the 2 light/medium missile spaces. Easy enough. If you are rich. And you are at some place which sells auto tracking, get the dumbfires (16 ammo for each space). Otherwise, get either heatseekers or image recognitions.

I give 7/10 for armaments.

SHIELDING
This ship only provides dual shield capabilities. So, it is pretty vulnerable if the enemy decides to attack you from the side. But, with good armor (polyduranium? :o) this ship can last for quite a while before you actually eject or pay a visit to the old hag.

I give 5/10 for shielding.

OVERLOADING THIS SHIP
This ship is pretty easy to overload. Especially if you want good sensors or shields. I got mine up to 202%.

But, even if this ship is easy to overload, try to look around for shady mechanic's upgrades. There's one which increases the thruster ratings by 44%, but decreasing engine shielding.

(correct me if I'm wrong here) If your ship has more than 100% of weight, when turning (not 180), the speed will gradually increase and will take time to go down. Also, your ship will drift around, affecting how you dock at high speed (emergency?).

But, with the upgrade stated above, your ship will decelerate faster and accelerate faster as well.

(the more the points here, the worse the overloading problem is. :D )

I give 8/10 for this section.

OVERALL RESULT
With this, I conclude my review of the Hunter Medium Interceptor/Fighter, the Robin.
The total score for this ship, is...

52/100 (best I can give).

--------------------------

Any comments?
Please leave them.

Any complaints?
Please leave them as well.

Last of all, have a great day. :D
  • Derivative + pArKeL + a bunch of luddites = ?

:D
KillerB
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Re: Hunter Medium Interceptor/Fighter: Robin

Post by KillerB »

With the upgrades I souped my Robin up with, I get 512 'manuever' speed and 512,000 'travel' speed.
I have the biggest intermediate scanner, a mk 3 overthrust, and then the biggest shield/reactor I could shoe-horn in (somewhere around mk5 of each).
Acceleration is 11.68 G to 16 G depending on missile loadout, and how many pilots and pleasure borgs are in the hold...those pirates must be some lonely guys :wink:
Armor poly-duranium (actaully weighs less then the cheaper armor, go figure)
Mass (depending on missile loadout) around 242% base
I went with 3 Pugilists in the light unmodified slots, with autotracking upgrades (range is short, but with the acceleration and turning speeds she's turning out this isn't a problem),
1 tractor and 3 repulsors in the four multipurpose slots,
either heat-seekers or dumbfires in the 2 unmodified missile slots, depending on whether I'm hunting fighters or freighters.
Continuous weapon time 16 seconds (WAY more than adequate...if its taking longer than that its time to RUN)
IMHO with the awesome manuverability of the Robin, 2-face shields are more than adequate. She's slaughtered scores of Luddites and Pirates, entire wings of ULN, and a squadron each of Aera and Rlaan.
"Get in, get behind, kill, and then RUN AWAY. Repeat as necessary"
[OC]Killer B
Vanguard Federation of Gamers
=VFF Productions=
Antares Mod for Freelancer Team
Storyline Writer/Cat Herder/PR guy
General in the Ordered Chaos Corporation
Vanguard 2 Server
Science Fiction and Action Adventure writer at Antares Dreamscape
Website Creator at Awesome Websites