Total votes: 26

kraehe
Merchant
Merchant

what is your fighting style?

Post by kraehe »

Moin Gurus,

lets talk about several fighting styles:

- Evade, SPEC and Jump is the best style for a newbie trader in a Llama. Let others shoot the pirates and luddites, so Uln and Forsaken stay your friends.
- Hit and Run is best done in a fast ship with energy hungry weapons, e.g. a Franklin with 4 Razors. Charge, fire, evade, rinse and repeat. Stay out of the 4000 meter range and most vessels wont even be able to fire back.
- Stand and Deliver is best done in a slow ship with lots of missiles, e.g. the Goddard comes in mind. 8 racks for friends or foe missiles, two torpedo racks and two emp torpedo racks will ensure that nearly no ship comes close enough see those two relativistic particle beams or even the 4 razors.
- Dogfight is best done in an agile vessels with hephaestus mini drivers or ktek beams.

btw ... what is your prefered vessel, if you play dogfight?

ciao,Kraehe
darilon
Explorer
Explorer

Re: what is your fighting style?

Post by darilon »

Well, in a previous save file I was using stand and deliver with my much upgraded Llama. Eventually that lead to me accidentally hitting too many friendlies and ruining my faction so badly I was persona non grata almost anywhere I wanted to be so now I'm using evade SPEC jump as my number one plan. Later on I plan to build up a stand and deliver and a hit/run/dogfight ship.
Sarin
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Sarin »

I'm using Dostoevsky with two hephasteus cannons...ideal for dogfightng it seems, but I rarely get to dogfight.The reason is, those two cannons are able to rip apart any non-cap vessel I usually face within few seconds. So tactic is, shake it to avoid longer range weapons, and when they get to range, just blast them during approach. Able to take down even aeran heavy fighers during approach, this kinda doesn't leave any space for dogfighting.
Boaal
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Boaal »

Areus is pretty fun for dogfighting. FLy about, blast things, watch the explosions.
The Twitching Pattern - http://www.last.fm/music/The+Twitching+Pattern
Have a listen.