Cargo Wingmen?

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
elwin
Explorer
Explorer

Cargo Wingmen?

Post by elwin »

Hi, some time ago I read in the manual the option of launching your ships from a larger one to engage the enemy and it seemed a great idea to counter the fact that normally you are always outnumbered.

I bought a Mule and several other ships to make my fleet. After i equipped them all (the whole process was extremely expensive) I finally took hold of my mule. I was going to cargo to load them when I found out I couldnt. Under the section starships it did only include the ones that were for sale, and no "My starships" section.

What did i do wrong?
shadow_slicer
Merchant
Merchant

Post by shadow_slicer »

Currently vegastrike doesn't support the use of player owned starships as cargo wingmen. You can buy already equipped ships (ex. Regional Guard -- not Regional Guard Spec), and these seem to work okay as wingmen. If you really want to use cargo wingmen, you will probably need to add some key bindings to make your life easier. For instance the CommDockWithMe command will make the cargo wingmen stay still and let you tractor them up (I have it bound to alt-G). I'm actually working on a patch to vegastrike to allow players to use player owned starships as cargo wingmen, so maybe it will make it into vegastrike eventually.
elwin
Explorer
Explorer

Post by elwin »

I am sorry to hear that. Well I guess Ill just have to wait until this option is available. Still shouldnt the part of using your own ships as cargo wingmen be removed from the manual? It doesnt make much sense that it is described there when its not a real feature is it?
KillerB
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Re:

Post by KillerB »

shadow_slicer wrote:Currently vegastrike doesn't support the use of player owned starships as cargo wingmen. You can buy already equipped ships (ex. Regional Guard -- not Regional Guard Spec), and these seem to work okay as wingmen. If you really want to use cargo wingmen, you will probably need to add some key bindings to make your life easier. For instance the CommDockWithMe command will make the cargo wingmen stay still and let you tractor them up (I have it bound to alt-G). I'm actually working on a patch to vegastrike to allow players to use player owned starships as cargo wingmen, so maybe it will make it into vegastrike eventually.
At the risk of being tagged as a Necroposter,
A-Did they ever get the player-owned Cargo Wingmen fixed, and if so where would one find this patch?
B-What would one need to add in the .config to add this CommDockWithMe command?
Thanks
[OC]Killer B
Vanguard Federation of Gamers
=VFF Productions=
Antares Mod for Freelancer Team
Storyline Writer/Cat Herder/PR guy
General in the Ordered Chaos Corporation
Vanguard 2 Server
Science Fiction and Action Adventure writer at Antares Dreamscape
Website Creator at Awesome Websites