Turret Help

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
getmoreatp
Merchant
Merchant

Turret Help

Post by getmoreatp »

Since I can't fix my destroyed turrets on my Goddard I think I'm just going to hack myself one. I should edit the serialized_xml file, under "sub_units" right? Seems to be just like editing weapon mounts. And while I'm at it, what's the best turret? And how are they different? I can't understand the units.csv abbrievations :? (POINTDEF, TFIGHTER, TSMALLCAP, TMASSIVE) Which ones, if any, are reliant on purchased ammo? Since I don't think ./subunits/aeraturretadvtorp would be a beam.
bgaskey
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by bgaskey »

No turrets used purchased ammo afaik. They either fire beams or have unlimited ammo supplies. You can see a list of turrets with more readable names in master_parts_list.csv, but it does not give any stats (or the names that will work in your save files)

turretpdlong is the name for the LR Point Defense turrets the Goddard can mount by default. turretbeamheavy is a heavy beam turret that packs a bit more punch. Just look through units.csv for ships with the turrets you want (i.e. giant aera capships) and add some of them to your Goddard :wink: