Easy cheats/hacks and help for noobs like me...enjoy.

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
Raven505
Explorer
Explorer

Easy cheats/hacks and help for noobs like me...enjoy.

Post by Raven505 »

I am a complet noob at VS and file edeting but a few bits of advice for other people like me who want to edit thir VS files to help them in the game.

1. To edit the game you will need a text editor e.g. Windows notepad but that program is rubbish so i recomend downloading notepad++ AND REMEMBER AFTER YOU HAVE CHANGE THE FILE SAVE IT THEN RELOAD YOUR GAME FILE FOR IT TO TAKE EFFECT!!!

2. When you have successfully downloaded notepad++ and decied that you want to edit you save game i would advise you to create a backup of you saved game incase you have a mishap while file editing.

3. Ok a few simple ways to vamp up you saved game are
- Giving yourself money to do this open notepad++ then open you VS files what you are looking for is a file called SAVE mine is located in another folder designated 'vegastrike.' When you have found your save open it o the first line of text near the begining you will see some numbers e.g. ^13500^ delete these numbers and type in the amount of credtis you want on you saved game (a ten digit number should do) then save your work. Next time you load your game you should have the ammount of credits you typed between the ^^.

4. Getting that ship you have seen but either can't find or can't afford.
Ok star by loading up you game and buying 2 or 3 cheap ships a plowshare and a dodo should do should do the trick THEN SAVE YOUR GAME. Next open notepad++ find you saved game and open it, one the first line of text you will notice the names of the ships you just purchased you can then delete the names of thes ships and replace them with other ships (the names of ships can be found in the masterparts. Or a list of them in the units. file). Ships i found useful are:
-goddard (good firepower ok manuverability it' a bomber)
-tesla (exelend firepower poor manuverability and it' a Capship)
-tesla.template (exelend firepower poor manuverability and it' a Capship but has cloaking am better manuverabilty than the standard tesla it also seems not to have a bug with weapon slot one that the standard tesla seems to have)
-lancalott (ok firepower good manuverability it's a heavy fighter)

Of course it's you choice but i did find some bugs when i tried to get a ship called the Vitek (or something like that) And ever ship in the system i was in became one.

6. Easy cloaking to get a cloak easily save the game buy a cheap ship then replace it with a Clyvsdale.template sell the cloaking device from it then change ships and buy thr cloaking device bck and put it on the ship you desire.

5. WARNING you can't sell ships you have edited into your game (unless it's just a bg on mine) the only way to get rid of them is to delet them and their location in you saved game file.

I am new at this so and mistake i've made please point out :D
Last edited by Raven505 on Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mortaneous
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter
Location: Some small planet, Parallel Earth, Resources Negligeble

Post by mortaneous »

This is pretty common knowledge on this forum, many threads cover editing savegames and other text resources of vegastrike.

Of note is your #5 - you can't sell your capships... that's because they aren't in the MasterPartsList.csv, another text resource of the game. It's not a bug because those ships are not meant to be for sale anyway, but you can modify the masterpartslist.csv to make them so. Use the forum's Search feature to find the other threads about various files you can edit.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

@Raven505 happy hacking best way to learn any code base keep hacking till it breaks then fix it your way :wink: keep digging if you need a pointer on where to dig for something specific just post 8)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Raven505
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Raven505 »

ok thanks an i know it's all common knowledge but i just thought it would be helpful if someone could find all that knowledge in one place (I know Wiki have some info on it but hey-ho)
Raven505
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Raven505 »

ok acting on mortaneous's advice i know how to put ships such a the beholder and tesla on to the masterparts.cvs but after the price there are some numbers e.g. vidar,starships/Rlaan/Milspec,560000,230,4600,"" what are these for?? And one more thing i bought a clyvsdale in the game and the <1> weapon slot seems to keep changing weapon is this normal? :)
Xante
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Xante »

Use the CSV-Editor then you have the title of each column over the corresponding value. In any other editor these are just separated by a comma, so the columns titles doesn't match. The Editor can be found in the manual / wiki
Raven505
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Raven505 »

Ok i looked through wiki and all i could find is a link to a lazuras website is that where I can get the CVS editor?
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Here's a CSV editor.
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... php?t=7143

I think there have been other ones too, but I couldn't find them.

You don't need any links... just download the attachments below the posts.
Raven505
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Raven505 »

ok found it thanks im think im getting the hang of it :)