I am SO dead... any help?

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
simplex.spes
Trader
Trader

I am SO dead... any help?

Post by simplex.spes »

Ok, so as many of you may have experienced before, people tend to think the first thing they see is better than all of the others. For example, I really like the Cephid 17 system because it's the first system I was ever in. It's like my home - I feel comfortable in it.

So of course when there are these nasty pirates out there, I'd want to eradicate them. Now, a few ships might have gotten in the crossfire... and perhaps I took out a few Uln ships out of self-defense...

Anyways, to make a long story short, my trading runs after that got a little out of hand and now the Uln, Dgn, and Shmrn all hate me... This is killing trade... I can't even leave the system without being swarmed by 10 Progenys.

Any tips?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

:lol: start shooting Luddites everyone hates them it will take a while tho for your faction ratings to change also holding down "1" to make an individual ship your friend :wink: it doesn't last long :shock:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
plueschinger
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by plueschinger »

Hello

Another way could be, find a research station, buy a cloaking device, which makes you invisible, then use the cloakink device and communicate with this ships, who hate you,
first press "t" for target and then a lot of times "1", which lets you communicate with them in a gentle way, do this until they don't use any more red colour or bad words in their answers. :wink:
This makes your relation better to them, but it's a hard way, I mean really press "1" very, very often, (20 times minimum better 50 times) and only a liitle each time so pressing 50 times "1" can get you a better relation from -30 to -26, which means they still shoot at you.
But after a time, you reach a relation of zero or even plus if you don't shoot at them.
And if they have a possitive relation to you, they don't start to attack you.

I don't care about this diplomatic bullshit, I shoot them first. Image

The Uln are crap, anyway.

A happy new year to all of you. :D

Regards
Plueschinger
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Dark-Blood-Hound »

My only problem is them damn purists! I hate them, they are filled up everywhere!

And stuff the communication crap. If a ship pisses me off, screw them!!

Just blast them into next century
peter
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by peter »

Dark-Blood-Hound wrote:My only problem is them damn purists! I hate them, they are filled up everywhere!

And stuff the communication crap. If a ship pisses me off, screw them!!

Just blast them into next century
in 0.4.3, at the start of my very first game, I killed a few aera ships after arming my llama a bit. Every faction loves me (rep 100), even the pirates! Well, not the Aera (-100), or the Uln (0), but making some smalltalk with the uln made them friendly (17). And of course the "planets" and "upgrades" factions are 0. But I'm feeling that I'm missing out on the danger of blockade-running I was hoping for with my llama. So I bought a plowshare to make some money trading, so I could experiment with ships as cargo and all that.

If I have to start a new game with the SVN version, I'll maybe take a different path...
rigelan
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by rigelan »

17? that sound more like large-talk than small-talk
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

If I have to start a new game with the SVN version, I'll maybe take a different path.
that you will have to do the save function has been rewritten and the old ones are not compatible it's faster now.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Dark-Blood-Hound
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Dark-Blood-Hound »

I know every faction hates me.. But if they rip my hull appart with beams, is that their way of saying hello...?
Captain{}Blood
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Captain{}Blood »

I just started hunting pirate exclusivly. Even though the forsaken , dgn and shmm are there, they don't have the nerve to come after me when I am in a swarm of pirates lest they get caught in the crossfire them selves, then I just cloak and move to the next target like a true Romulan.
peter
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by peter »

rigelan wrote:17? that sound more like large-talk than small-talk
no, just a lot of small talk :)

I have the uber-micro skills from back when computer games required pressing a button really fast to make your guy run, or whatever. (e.g. the sports game World Games on the Atari ST.) I timed myself: I can press "1" 90 times in 10 seconds. (run wc to count the chars you send to its stdin, and then use your watch).

One of the first homebrew electronics projects I ever made was an oscillator with a joystick connector for my Atari ST. Using an electromechanical relay, you could hear how fast it was "pressing the button", or doing left,down,right,up,... Some of the events were more about timing, not mindless button jamming, which is why I played it.

@Loki: thanks for the info about the save file. I probably would have spent a lot of time trying it in case I was just doing something wrong.