Redeemer Jump Drive

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
kruiz008
Merchant
Merchant

Redeemer Jump Drive

Post by kruiz008 »

Hello, all. I've been playing VS on and off for a few months, ever since I finally got my joystick working the way I wanted (thanks again to all who helped with that!). Just today I went into my save file and cheated a Redeemer into my fleet, since I've been wanting to try one and can't seem to find it for sale anywhere. The trouble is, I can't seem to put a jump drive in it! I know I can travel to other systems in another one of my ships and have the Redeemer 'delivered', but that kinda cuts the fun for me. Is there a cheat I can use to get a jump drive into my Redeemer?
loki1950
The Shepherd

Re: Redeemer Jump Drive

Post by loki1950 »

It's possible but involves quite a bit of editing quite a few .csv files first the master parts list so you can buy the ship then the units file for the ship's entry(define the base model) all this for shall we say marginal benefit ;) then you have to define where you can buy it which base type.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
kruiz008
Merchant
Merchant

Post by kruiz008 »

I guess my deeper question is this: Is there a way for me to edit the Redeemer so that is has all the characteristics of another of my ships? I like what I have, I just want it to look like the Redeemer :lol: :oops:
DarkVixen
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by DarkVixen »

I have not done this before on a Redeemer, but it has worked for other ship models:

Copy over an existing ship.csv to .vegastrike/serialized_xml/<saved_game_name>/Redeemer.stock.csv

Try change the "Mesh" value to

{redeemer.bfxm;;}

Or something like that, you might need to double check the file names.

Again, I have no idea if this works for the Redeemer though.