Low - level trade route

Post your best tactics and strategies for getting the big bux in Vega Strike
Doctorzongo
Explorer
Explorer

Low - level trade route

Post by Doctorzongo »

Hello everyone. I am new, but on a cargo mission I discovered something great.

If you go to Shmroltee, or whatever it is spelled, and dock at the Refinery, you can buy all of their chemicals for about 10K. You can then dock at the Outpost and sell all of the chemicals for about 30, 50, or 100 credits more then you bought them. It is easy to get a 20K+ profit each run.

Any higher yield trade runs for once I finish that and get a Plowshare?? Thanks.
Neskiairti
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by Neskiairti »

you do realize the game is randomly generated (atleast much of it)
Doctorzongo
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Doctorzongo »

Sorry, I am new. I knew that some of it was random, though ....
Fireskull
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Fireskull »

It doesnt matters if the bases themselves are random really. I havent tried a refinery -> outpost route myself. Its useful info know.
Genghis Prawn
Hunter
Hunter

Re: Low - level trade route

Post by Genghis Prawn »

For a little more fun try finding a system with a gas mine. I go from a commerce center to a gas mine carrying specialty (entertainment) items .. my favorite is the Pleasure Borgs ... I think I should change my name to Harry Mudd and just sell pleasure borgs. You triple your investment. Similarly if you purchase certain ores/metals from Mining Bases and sell them on oceanic worlds you triple your investment .. although those items are very heavy .. making you slow and very vulnerable to pirates. Once you raise more capital you can then carry contruction items to a mining base/arid world/ rocky world, and mining items to a mining base for decent profits. Finally ending up carrying AI cores from commerce centers to mining bases for great profit on small tonnage/space high cost items.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Welcome Genghis Prawn i see that you have adapted to the game quite well 8) Have fun :)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
Genghis Prawn
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Genghis Prawn »

Thanks!

I have created a openoffice database to study how the prices work so I could look at how the trade values compared when the data is sorted by planet/station type. I learned a lot from that.

I do have to say the game is pretty complicated, so much so that I had to read through the user manual to figure out how play. At first I tried to just install and play, but got nowhere fast. I feel I have gotten the hang of trading somewhat. I have to get the hang of combat now.

I am intrigued by the game, and I have a lot of fun exploring the "universe". It reminds me of a game (Koronis Strike) that I used to play on the UMASS mainframe computer when I was a student back in the stone age of computers (1980). That was all ascii though. It had one aspect that is not incorporated in this game though ... mining for ore yourself then carrying it back to a base to sell. This game has so much more scope though so that I don't really miss that part. Also the graphics are phenominal. Kudos to the develompent team(s).

I do look forward to each addition they make.
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

Since you are into trading ATM this thread might interest you VSTrade it's a java app that has these features -Trade: Find profitable cargo to trade between bases
-Prices: Price list for bases
-Cargo: Details about cargo types
-Vegamap: Starmap with path finding (original code by weaselflink)

should load up faster than OOo :wink:

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2