Do You need a Spanish translation?

Discussion and planning of required developer support for multiple languages, and design and commentary on tools and techniques to assist with the automation of generating language specific structures.
Samuel

Do You need a Spanish translation?

Post by Samuel »

Hello, am here to offer my services to develop a spanish translation of VegaStrike... Just tell me what to do... :D
Samuel

By the way...

Post by Samuel »

By the way... U can contact me at Ramacent@hotmail.com
pincushionman
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by pincushionman »

There are significant changes to the game's interface that must be dealt with in order to support VS in more than one language. There has not been a great deal of discussion about this yet, because we've only begun discussing this feature heavily in the past few weeks.

If you have C++ coding ability or ideas of how this might be done, feel free to help by coding or making suggestions.

But the easiest way for you to get started is to begin translating some of the text into Spanish so some is ready when we get the infrastructure modified. Gorrunwe has been making good headway on the French translation, so you may wish to contact him when he returns from vacation.

And feel free to sign up for an account! And most importantly, welcome to Vegastrike!
Conquer space!
-pincushionman

---------------------------------------

Kansas really is flatter than a pancake!
http://www.improbable.com/airchives/pap ... ansas.html
Dr.Death
Trader
Trader

Post by Dr.Death »

I can speak spanish fairly well, seeing as ive lived in Costa Rica for most of my natural life, but now im here in florida. I would be happy to help in this project in any way i could.
Dr.Death
Trader
Trader

Post by Dr.Death »

I forgot to mention that i have no experience in coding at all, but i can help with somethings.
daes

spanish

Post by daes »

well, i dont know programing at all. but i thinlk i can help translating to spanish....
my mail is docdaes@hotmail.com
Javi
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Javi »

OK so it seems that the in-game text is somewhat hardcoded. I suppose that's why c++ is requested.

But: has anyone had a go at the manual yet? If anyone has done work on that, I'd be happy to revise it. Of course, I could translate whole sections, too. I just want to avoid duplicating work already done by someone else.

I'm quite good at translating (even if I say so myself :wink: ) , used to earn my living that way. Give me a hint at where to start and where to post translations to. Just don't expect wonders. I have a RL job and time spent translating goes off time playing VS :(

You can email me at javier_torres [at] operamail [dot] com

Javi
Rarok
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Rarok »

I'm from Spain so I can help with a spanish translation. I don't know anything about C++, but I know only a few about C
www2
Venturer
Venturer
Location: milkyway->the sol system->earth->Europe->The Nederland->Soud Holland->Leiden

Post by www2 »

@Rarok

the most of the text is in python files ans in masterparts.csv
All Your Base Are Belong To Us
Rarok
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by Rarok »

www2 wrote:@Rarok

the most of the text is in python files ans in masterparts.csv
Thanks. I think I can work with python code
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

@Rarok you might check the german translation threads for ideas on how to tackle the task as they are well on there way 8)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2