LOAD FAILED on some Rlaan models

Mods set in/based on the Vega Strike Universe. Black Paralysis, Fleet Commander, Pax Imperium: The Gathering, and others
DarkVixen
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

LOAD FAILED on some Rlaan models

Post by DarkVixen »

In Rlaan space, there are often objects with no model and a name that just says Rlaan LOAD FAILED. I'm using 0.5.1.r1.

I found an older reference to something like that on this topic but I'm not sure if its related or not.

http://forums.vega-strike.org/viewtopic ... LED#p75170

Is this just models that have not been created yet?
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Re: LOAD FAILED on some Rlaan models

Post by TBeholder »

Probably the same.
IMO most likely it's a workflow problem, but a different one: the current data is one big salad.
Thus some model/texture combinations constructed for spawning from type/faction/whateverspec are bound to fail simply due to random naming of model and textures still actually present in data - it's not all combed and unified yet.
Ideally, there should be a way to quickly check whether all combinations are correctly processed (debug mission in Modelview, with spawning via Python, etc), including fallbacks - but that's not what really happens. :(
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
loki1950
The Shepherd

Post by loki1950 »

We really should cook up a Pearl script or such to check all the data as a first pass to find those miss formed units :x

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo ideapad 320-15ARB Win 10/Mint 19.2
DarkVixen
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by DarkVixen »

I see, I really would like to see what those Rlaan objects are and look like.

I think they might be bases.
TBeholder
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by TBeholder »

Probably. Either way, absent models traditionally were represented with placeholders - it's weird, but visible.
loki1950 wrote:We really should cook up a Pearl script or such to check all the data as a first pass to find those miss formed units :x
Python script. Optionally, embedded into mission file (it works now) - this would allow to run several stages of testing simply by starting VS with a mission as parameter - so that if something quietly goes belly up, but doesn't report, it would be immediately visible anyway.
"Two Eyes Good, Eleven Eyes Better." -Michele Carter
DarkVixen
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by DarkVixen »

What do the place holder models look like?

The Rlaan LOAD FAILED model was absolutely blank, just a small target lock square, not even docking squares would show up if I request docking clearance.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

It's an error in the CSV files. If you can tell us the name of that unit, we could find the CSV entry responsible for that bug and fix it.

An error in python scripts would manifest itself differently, with error messages on the console, I believe (not sure).

In any case, the name will let us track it down.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe