Ingame screenshots

Discuss the Vega Wars mod(s) for the Vega Strike Engine

Moderator: hurleybird

Beowulf
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Beowulf »

jackS wrote:
Beowulf wrote: Strangely if this ship is flown by the AI it doesn't use any turrets---what do I have to do to make the AI use them?
A possible explanation -
Turrets (like all units) have a COMBAT ROLE field. The turret will prioritize engaging targets based upon its combat role and that of potential targets. If the turret is set as, for instance, an anti-capital turret, it will probably ignore fighters unless there's nothing else in range to target, and even then may take a while to come to the conclusion that there's nothing better to shoot unless said fighter is harrassing the ship.

The prioritization is fortunately not hardcoded, and can be changed by updating the table in ai/VegaPriorities.csv (so you can easily make everything shoot anything at everything -- although I wouldn't entirely recommend that :) )

What is the combat role of the turrets you positioned on the ship, and what was the combat role of the vessel you hoped they'd be firing at? Also, try giving some warmup time to capital engagements -- it can take a little while for the AIs to make up their minds as to what they're going to engage if neither of the ships is currently at a high simulation frequency.
I used POINTDEF for the smaller turrets and TSMALLCAP for the bigger ones so the smaller ones should attack fighters immediately, shouldn't they?
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way, will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Beowulf
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Beowulf »

Right now I'm trying to import the Skipray Blastboat but something weird is happening:
The forward part of the hull is half transparent on the player's ship and nonexistent on computer controlled ships. Any idea what is happening here?
I'm getting this message on the console:

Code: Select all

CREATING A LOCAL SHIP : SkiprayBlastboat.milspec
Mesh skipray_blastboat.bfxm has 2 subcomponents. Only first used!
Last edited by Beowulf on Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way, will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Beowulf
Mercenary
Mercenary

Post by Beowulf »

The Assault Gunboat:
Grand Admiral Thrawn