Gameplay Mode Brainstorming

Discuss the Star Trek mod(s) for the Vega Strike Engine

Moderators: tillias, Jennos, peteyg

Nano_Lite
Hunter
Hunter

Gameplay Mode Brainstorming

Post by Nano_Lite »

Ok. I think that Vega Strike needs a free play mode as well as missions and campaigns. By "free play", I mean a Vega Strike-like game where you start out with, say, a small runabout, and work your way up to a Galaxy class, or whatever you want. And I think these savegames should be selectable from a main menu, as well as instant action missions and saved campaigns.

Well, what do you think?
BE GOOD.
tillias
Black Hole Hunter

Re: Gameplay Mode Brainstorming

Post by tillias »

Nano_Lite wrote:Ok. I think that Vega Strike needs a free play mode as well as missions and campaigns. By "free play", I mean a Vega Strike-like game where you start out with, say, a small runabout, and work your way up to a Galaxy class, or whatever you want. And I think these savegames should be selectable from a main menu, as well as instant action missions and saved campaigns.

Well, what do you think?
We need a huge ammount of upgrades for each ship if we want to make "free-play" mode...
God bless you!
esgaroth
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by esgaroth »

We need a huge ammount of upgrades for each ship if we want to make "free-play" mode...
Not necessarily a huge amount, but at least some. However, we already do have quite some types of phasers, photon torps, and with a few upgrades/better versions for shields and engines this would do it.
tillias
Black Hole Hunter

Post by tillias »

esgaroth

Check out this shield texture I've created. Any suggestions?
If it's fine, I'll prepare different colours for different races ( diff ships in the middle of the sphere )

http://deeplayer.com/vegatrek/textures/shield1.jpg
God bless you!
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Re: Gameplay Mode Brainstorming

Post by micheal_andreas_stahl »

Nano_Lite wrote:
Ok. I think that Vega Strike needs a free play mode as well as missions and campaigns. By "free play", I mean a Vega Strike-like game where you start out with, say, a small runabout, and work your way up to a Galaxy class, or whatever you want.

I have not played the star trek mod thingie but, by "free play" do you mean how we have it on Privateer? So you can start a set of missions and do other stuff in the mean time???

Andie
Last edited by micheal_andreas_stahl on Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The bullets come out of the slim end, mate!"

Sniper after dominating another Sniper
Team Fortress 2
esgaroth
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by esgaroth »

Check out this shield texture I've created. Any suggestions?
If it's fine, I'll prepare different colours for different races ( diff ships in the middle of the sphere )
Hi Tillias,
the shield texture is fine, just reduce the contrast a bit, iirc the shields are a bit more homogeneous in star trek.
BTW, i checked your universe with vsnav and its fine. Do you think we should include the dominion (one connection from Bajor via wormhole) ?
I have not played the star trek mod thingie but, by "free play" do you mean how we have it on Privateer? So you can start a set of missions and do other stuff in the mean time???
Exactly. So you can explore the universe as you like, hunt Maquis, work for the Romulans or any pther thing that you like.
tillias
Black Hole Hunter

Post by tillias »

Hi Tillias,
the shield texture is fine, just reduce the contrast a bit, iirc the shields are a bit more homogeneous in star trek.
BTW, i checked your universe with vsnav and its fine. Do you think we should include the dominion (one connection from Bajor via wormhole) ?
Well, let's keep it as it is... We need to reduce number of jumps firstly ( from system to system ) due to new 2D model of Universe. Only after that we can add new systems.

Returning to shields... How many levels of upgrades do we want in VegaTrek?

I suggest this variant:
1. Ship mass divides onto 2 parts: 80% of mass goes to armor and hull. Other 20% goes to shield's system.
God bless you!
tillias
Black Hole Hunter

Post by tillias »

Example:
Galaxy
mass index(in 1000 tons): 4960tt

hull: 3968tt
shields: 992tt

Shield strength vary from 100% ( basic variant ) to 300% of basic variant through 10 level of upgrades:

Shield SystemI
Shield SystemII
Shield SystemX

Any suggestions?
God bless you!
esgaroth
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by esgaroth »

10 upgrades are enough. Just one question: are this shield systems only for the galaxy or also for other ships (so lets say runabout only shield system I and II, Excelsior I to IV, Galaxy and Sovereign I to X possible ?)
tillias
Black Hole Hunter

Post by tillias »

esgaroth wrote:10 upgrades are enough. Just one question: are this shield systems only for the galaxy or also for other ships (so lets say runabout only shield system I and II, Excelsior I to IV, Galaxy and Sovereign I to X possible ?)
Well we will have replacers. This means that the very old and weak "Centaur" class ship will have level I shields
Galaxy will have level X, and Sovereign will have level XV
E.g. we will create ( and I've already created ) a number of items, which will cover all the variety of ships we have in ShipPack.

So you can choose the best level for your own ship.

Of course after Sovereign's strongest level XV we will have some more stronger shields ( lets say level 27 is max ) which will cover all player's needs in upgrading defensive system.

[/u]
God bless you!
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Is it possible to 'borrow' from the other mods?

Team Fortress 2
tillias
Black Hole Hunter

Post by tillias »

micheal_andreas_stahl wrote:Is it possible to 'borrow' from the other mods?
Well, upgrades constantly differ from other mods...
For example here is my render of WARP Core ( Main reactor ):
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
God bless you!
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

Hmmm, So how do you see the additons to you ship? Are they additions to a ship? :?

Team Fortress 2
tillias
Black Hole Hunter

Post by tillias »

micheal_andreas_stahl wrote:Hmmm, So how do you see the additons to you ship? Are they additions to a ship? :?
Main upgrades are replacers ( like ship.blank + items in 'Upgrades' column in units.csv ). Additional upgrades ( "enforcers" ) would be additions.

I would like to create 20-25 levels of shields/armor... or other 'main' upgrades in order to cover all ships represented in Official ShipPack

Why so many types? Let me explain -- we have ships with shield strength level varies from 250 to 54000 VSD.
To cover 10-15 classes of starships we need to have 10-15 different types of shields and some types for future upgrades.
God bless you!
micheal_andreas_stahl
Elite Hunter
Elite Hunter

If it is not seen would you be prepered to borrow and edit?

Team Fortress 2