Intrepid class

Discuss the Star Trek mod(s) for the Vega Strike Engine

Moderators: tillias, Jennos, peteyg

Jennos
Trader
Trader

Intrepid class

Post by Jennos »

I noticed that the only torp launchers on the Intrepid were rear-firing...I played around with the files some and moved them over to forward firing, about where they should be (above and to the sides of the nav deflector). Is this useful to anyone, or should I just enjoy my own little improvements?
Just another pilot...
peteyg
Elite
Elite

Post by peteyg »

Yeah,! Just post the relevant part of the unit file. Vega Trek will be switching to the new spreadsheet-style unit stats in the next release, and that will be the easiest way to see the change you made.

That's a pretty good catch there, thanks!
Nevita
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Nevita »

Actually, the Intrepid-class does have aft torpedo launchers. I just watched the Voyager finale yesterday, and they fired torpedoes from an aft launcher. I assume that the aft launchers are along the ship's spine in the original unit file, which is where they were in the episode.
A quick summary of my graduate research: walk into wall, back up a step, repeat.
Jennos
Trader
Trader

Post by Jennos »

I realize the Intrepid class has the rear firing launchers, but the primary launchers are the forward firing ones, and it makes more sense tactically and gameplay-wise to have them forward firing. I haven't had enough time to monkey with the file and get both fore and aft launchers...yet. Maybe adding a firing cone?

x="-2" y="-0.82" z="5.6"
x="2" y="-0.82" z="5.6"

Just change the mount location to that...it's pretty close.
Just another pilot...