Discuss the Star Trek mod(s) for the Vega Strike Engine

Moderators: tillias, Jennos, peteyg

esgaroth
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Re: landing problems

Post by esgaroth »

It´s the weapons_lib.py !
Dont know why but obviously weapons_lib and neutral dont cooperate ....
Weapons_lib is still very much privateer - a lot of code which is not necessary for vegatrek, but as i am no coder - probably some part gives this effect. there is one part with relation relevance:

Code: Select all

import VS
	VS.AdjustRelation("retro","privateer",-0.1,1.0)
	VS.AdjustRelation("romulan","privateer",-0.02,1.0)
	VS.AdjustRelation("pirates","privateer",-0.005,1.0)
But no neutral there....

For Romulus, probably, although the planet is forcibly neutral, this script regards it as romulan (m_class_romulan.py ......) and it worked fine - my guess.
So most easily I just remove the upgrade room from planets and have it only on hand-made space stations.... less possibilities to get ammo, but at least this bug isnt appearing.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

esgaroth wrote:More info. I have spent the last 2 h with testing base scripts. As the difference between romulus and earth is mainly in the base scripts, i gave it a try. The situation seems, however, not so easy.
Renaming the h_class.py to earth.py and the standing doesnt change - so h_class.py seems to work as it should. Same with n_class.py. Other base scripts do deteriorate the standing, be they complex scripts like earth.py or o_class.py or rather simple ones (comparable to n_class.py or h_class.py) like a_class.py etc. Seems clear - its the base script. However, Romulus uses m_class_romulan.py as base script. Renaming m_class_romulan.py to earth.py and - the standing deteriorates when landing on earth...... Starbase base script works fine when the station is federation, it deteriorates the standing when faction is neutral.
Does this make any sense ?
How do I go about reproducing this issue?

I'm thinking I may have to debug myself.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
esgaroth
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by esgaroth »

OK, had some tries, and removing the weapons_lib.py from the planetary base scripts seems to solve the problem. So thanx to all who helped !
Back to one problem mentioned at the beginning of the thread: which parameter do have to change to change the distance from which can dock with a planet ? the only thing I have found is
<var name="planet_port_size" value="1.2"/>
but i havent found a real effect in changing this number....
esgaroth
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by esgaroth »

Hmm. Seems I was too fast. More testing revealed that the standing towards neutral is also deteriorating when docking with federation stations that have missions_lib.py in their base script.... So its not restricted to neutral stations and planets...
Would it be possible to add some code like the following to the base script to counter this effect ?

import VS
   VS.AdjustRelation("neutral","privateer",+0.1,1.0)
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Yes. Remove it.

I really don't know why it would be there.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
esgaroth
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by esgaroth »

Yes. Remove it.

I really don't know why it would be there.
Actually, I dont think I´ll remove it. The original
(

import VS
   VS.AdjustRelation("retro","privateer",-0.1,1.0)
   VS.AdjustRelation("romulan","privateer",-0.02,1.0)
   VS.AdjustRelation("pirates","privateer",-0.005,1.0)
)
was in the weapons.py and as i removed 2 of the three and changed the last one like this, the standing deterioration was obviously countered.
So although i also dont know why it was there in the beginning, but when i change it, i get the desired effect ....