Demon Model

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
Privateer Ferrius
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Privateer Ferrius »

Neat :) What -exactly- was that for, out of curiosity?

Check my last post too :D
Cmdr. Micheal Ferrius (Ret.)
Retired Confederate Pilot

For Hire!
Post jobs to the BBS!

Tengoku de omachi shite imasu
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

For this:
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/forum ... 5616#55616

Which is part of a space elevator station, the round top hat in this original concept:
http://www.deeplayer.com/dan_w/goodies/ ... /persp.jpg

You made you point.
Privateer Ferrius
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Privateer Ferrius »

I'm still not entirely sure what that's supposed to be, but whatever it is, it looks cool :P
Cmdr. Micheal Ferrius (Ret.)
Retired Confederate Pilot

For Hire!
Post jobs to the BBS!

Tengoku de omachi shite imasu
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Thanks. It's a Space Elevator Station. Space elevators are basically planned vehicles that climb a ribbon of carbon nanotubes from Earth up to geosynchronous orbit, and climb down. They need a station at geo, and a counterweight beyond geo. This station has some 40 or 50 sets of ribbons, for multiple elevators, of 6 sizes, from passenger size to large cargo. The rectangular part is 27 km long, 8 km wide, and has internal and external dockings for ships of various sizes. The round thing at the top is a military base, which is what the texture is for. The wheel-like things are spinning hotels, for artificial gravity. That's for my mod, Tadpole, currently on the shelf, since I'm more eager to get WCU going first.