They are. Sofa King. We Todd Ed.

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

They are. Sofa King. We Todd Ed.

Post by spiritplumber »

My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

I think I get where the "Crius" name comes from: Must have been a bunch of permanent in-patients, in a psychiatric wing, who thought they were on the planet Crius, that started it ... :D
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

What's nice is that someone linked to this forum.

What's NOT nice is that they're being assholes about it... We're still heavily under production, but choose to release progress as it appears. I guess they see that as unprofessional; I don't know anymore frankly.

I'm considering going to Dragon-Con so I can talk to LOAF face to face and hopefully work it out (I already have prepared two old laptops with Armada on them, if he wants a duel).

(I'm still "ip-banned" from crius.net, love how that worked)
My Moral Code:
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer
Location: somewhere in the middle of nowhere, under a tree, facing the sun...

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Check out the christmas pardon threat in the news section of crius. You, hellcat and some third guy are banned fo ever... ;)

BTW, why has there be Armada to be installed if you like to duel LOAF with old, heavy and edged notebooks?

EDIT:

Sorry, was in teh off-topic section:

http://www.crius.net/zone/showthread.php?t=19426

AND THOU WILLS NEVER BE ABLE TO POST THERE AGIAN!!!! HOHOHOHO

(sorry for the caps....)
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

---------------------------------------------------
What's mind? No matter... What's matter? Never Mind!

Insanity is just a state of mind!

That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Whatever LeHah says makes no difference since he's an appendage of Loaf's. The guy's nose is so brown, shit looks purple next to it. But what I'm surprised is Chris' post; I thought the guy was more decent than Loaf; I guess I was wrong.
Spirit, I can't believe you're talking about "working out" anything. If I ever met Loaf in the flesh I'd just put his face the way around God meant it to be. How could anyone be so naive to even consider talking to a despot?
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I guess his face is in the right place.... ;)
You are a newbie and need help? Check out the Wing Commander Universe and Privateer Remake Library Project

Ryder P. Moses
Daredevil Venturer
Daredevil Venturer

Post by Ryder P. Moses »

"...Harken to my words, mortal, for I am a wrathful LOAF, and those who do displease me will suffer my wrath. For I will strike them down in furious anger, and write bitchy things about them on my Internet forum." -Internets 43:45

Oh man Kazan. Interacting with LOAF. I have to see that thread, that'd be the greatest thing ever.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Well, I want to work it out because between me and LOAF one of us is trying to be mature about the entire situation, and I want it to be apparent who that is. :) It's interesting to see how this particular facts vs. spin struggle pans out.

Also, the poor CIC crew is probably having a lot of mental issues with dealing with the cognitive dissonance that results from hating PR and loving a PR enhancement (GG) ;) so I'd like to help with their mental health, as they run a good website and them going ape would deprive everyone of a valuable resources.

Finally, I'd like to test both my and LOAF's self control if I do meet him. If he fails that test, I'll just have to test my self-defence skills instead.

Finally, having a WCA "duel" with something at stake might be fun for everyone involved :)
My Moral Code:
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Sounds like you have a plan. Just make sure you have a back-up plan :)
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

The backup plan is to ignore his attempt to ban me from crius.net (at least until he asks me to stop visiting it). :)
My Moral Code:
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

spiritplumber wrote:
Finally, having a WCA "duel" with something at stake might be fun for everyone involved :)
Oh... you meant dueling with WCA, not with the notebooks.... this is kind of disappointing.... :( especially LOAF would make such a great target... sorry, I meant huge, huge target....

Yet... good luck spirit...

Halleck
Elite
Elite

Post by Halleck »

"Crius was one of the Titans, a son of Uranus and Gaia... involved in the ten year long war between the Olymian and Titanian gods... the war was lost and Crius was banished to the lower basement of Hades (hell) called Tartarus."

Perhaps the name is an homage to the first recorded banning in history?
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Sharp and profound observation. So I suppose then Crius must be a short for their full name, it being "Crius' Revenge .net".
Spock
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Spock »

www.hidemyass.com

A little secret in the internets everybody should know.
Live long and prosper.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Haha, nice! I went thru the trouble of setting up my own proxy from a machine at university on which I have root...
My Moral Code:
Spock
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Spock »

Nah, man. That's good and all, and it helps when all other proxies fail - but the internet > almost everything. Except humans.
Live long and prosper.
Ryder P. Moses
Daredevil Venturer
Daredevil Venturer

Post by Ryder P. Moses »

Spock wrote: Except humans.
Until it spontaneously develops sentience and turns on its creators, that is.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Funny, since according to LOAF, they're already blocking access through proxies.
I told him: no, you're not (I tried) - but he didn't a) believe me, or b) care.
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
hurleybird
Elite
Elite

Post by hurleybird »

Hmmm... I don't like these threads. They make us potentially look just as bad as the people we ridicule, and can very quickly lower us to their level.
Spaceman Spiff
Elite Venturer
Elite Venturer

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

hurleybird wrote:Hmmm... I don't like these threads. They make us potentially look just as bad as the people we ridicule, and can very quickly lower us to their level.
I do agree, although I'm one of the worse guys in this matter...
The thing is, I feel much closer to this community. Yet, if you are still in to WC you got almost no choice but to visit wcnews...
And sooner or later they really start to freak you out.
I guess it's kind of therapy to talk about them here...

I can't pay an therapist.... :oops:

LOL

Ryder P. Moses
Daredevil Venturer
Daredevil Venturer

Post by Ryder P. Moses »

Who cares about "their level"? It's an Internet slapfight, not a war. I think you're giving the CIC crowd too much credit in assuming that they even have a level.

Besides, LOAF is fun to make fun of. I like doing it and I don't even have any personal conflict with the guy aside from that which I do with all Internet 'tards. In the end, isn't that really all that matters?
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

hurleybird wrote:Hmmm... I don't like these threads. They make us potentially look just as bad as the people we ridicule, and can very quickly lower us to their level.
Yeah, sure, hurley; like they are going to attack us left and right and we're not going to say or do anything about it.
What kind of rule is this about "levels" and stuff? First of all what IS a "level"; define it for me. What all that mumbo jumbo sounds to me is like a repackaging of the "turn the other cheek" philosophy; but not all of us are christians here; and most christians speak softly with a finger in the nuke button, anyways; not that I would belittle the effectiveness of the "turn the other cheek" technique... --actually the most powerful strategy... all you need to do is persuade your enemy to adopt it...
Besides, when people go there and find they seem to have an ax to grind with WCU and all of the VS community, naturally they'll come here to see our side of the story, so, if we kept quiet, it wouldn't serve them.

(This "descend to their level" language reminds me of the congress debates during the impeachment of Clinton. What the justification for that impeachement was, shall remain a mystery forever; but congressmen speeches were unforgettable... --hours and hours of statements without a premise, a conclusion, or a shred of a logical thread to them, on either side. My favorite was "[Impeachment | Failure to impeach] will undoubtedly [raise | lower] the bar"... Of course! ... THE BAR... Just goes to show the undoing of democracy... Seems to inexorably lead to rule by a meaningless blabber spewing, suited up and full of self-importance shit, imbeciles class. But I digress...)

LOAF is a WC-knowledgeable moron. And his banning button happy policy has resulted in crius zone becoming a brownoserocracy. That's why they seem to agree on everything. And his problem with WCU is that he once coveted control of it, and tried to get it, but didn't. In addition to stating such facts, poking fun at him and his hordes is a healthy and honorable passtime and exercise.

Sorry to come down so hard on you, hurley, but you did imply that your ethics and/or morals and/or etiquette are better than those of the rest of us (which I do not concur, obviously), so a defensive post IS called for.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

As far as I went he was welcome to have control of it (okay, so I am naive :) ), but the first thing he did was berate everyone... so... kthxbye, ya know? ^-^
My Moral Code:
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Post by charlieg »

chuck_starchaser wrote:
Yeah, sure, hurley; like they are going to attack us left and right and we're not going to say or do anything about it.
Fighting back achieves what exactly? What are you fighting for? Those who say petty things in the end only look petty themselves. We are not judged by what we say, but what we do in life. Doing 'petty wars of words' is not something worth my time, thats for sure. Is it worth yours?
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Since when is speaking truth and calling it like it is is "petty". To me the word "petty" involves falsehoods or nitpicking. But if when people say positive things that are true that's not "petty" by your definition, nor should be saying negative true things, or else we got a violation of symmetry.
What does it achieve? That's almost like when people question science research spending and inquire about the direct economic benefits of every science experiment or space mission. Speaking (or writing, typing) is something people naturally do when things are on their minds, or bothering them. Is that good enough an answer for you? You don't have to read it. And, do I need to remind you? When you got banned from crius you posted quite a few posts here about it. Why? Because it bothered you. Maybe their bullshit about WCU doesn't bother you as much as your getting banned. It does bother me, however. And I'm not someone to go around telling others what to do or not to do, but since you feel you have a mandate to tell me what to do or not to do, I can't help but tell you to take your pretense of moral superiority elsewhere.