Help on Kilrathi Saga

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
Dangerous_D
Just a tourist with a frag'd nav console

Help on Kilrathi Saga

Post by Dangerous_D »

I'm new here been playing The Wing Commander Games since 93 I recently obtained the Kilrathi Saga since I never had the Secret Missions for WC1 my question is how come the old Origin -k code doesn't work with the Kilrathi Saga and as for cheats on the game all u get is the invicinibilty, so how come you don't have the ctr del and alt del trick on there
Silverain
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by Silverain »

@ Dangerous_D,

Your best bet would be to post your request over at www.wcnews.com in their tech support forum (research the forum first, though, since your answer may already exist). They should be able to answer your question.
THOUGHT CRIME! [points finger] THOUGHT CRIME!
Dangerous_D

Post by Dangerous_D »

I registered there before posting here and haven't gotten my validation e-mail yet
mkruer
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by mkruer »

how are you runnung the command? It needs to be inside the cfg file for each game.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said.
But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Wing Commander Universe Forum | Wiki
Wing Commander: The Wasteland Incident
hellcatv
Developer
Developer

Post by hellcatv »

I think you have to hold down some keys at startup--and your callsign gets changed to CHEATER

you should try the privateer remake here http://wcuniverse.sourceforge.net/

free download, updated gfx
Vega Strike Lead Developer
http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/
Dangerous_D

Post by Dangerous_D »

the only cheat I got from wcnews was to insert -k -b in the wingcdr.cfg file but that just gives u invicibilty, where as the orginal games u typed WC Origin -k and u got invc and instant kill on the enemies where as the kilrathi saga doesn't have the instant kill
TheAD
Insys Pilot
Insys Pilot

Post by TheAD »

Dangerous_D wrote:the only cheat I got from wcnews was to insert -k -b in the wingcdr.cfg file but that just gives u invicibilty, where as the orginal games u typed WC Origin -k and u got invc and instant kill on the enemies where as the kilrathi saga doesn't have the instant kill
There were a few things that werent included in the Kilrathi Saga version. That includes The original cheats for wc 1 + 2. Playing with the config files may do the trick, but from the CICs cheats section the way it reads might meant that you can play invincible and not have your name cheater. YOu should just be able to chose invincibility from the launcher IIRC though (no need to play with config files).

However the addons for wc1, 2 for the kilrathi saga version were an afterthought. KS actualy has bugs and other things not in the doss versions (icluding missing art and music for the addons) So if you feel like you really need the cheats, pick up a dos cd rom off ebay. They play great in dosbox (wc3 also works in dosbox if you enable dynamic core but you still need a pretty beffy rig to run it smoothly that way. Sso if you already have it wc3- Kilrathi saga version is probably less hassle, otherwise I wouldnt waste money on an overpriced KS set unless you really need it for your collection.