What happened to Iceman after WC1?

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
Jack Cloudy
Explorer
Explorer

What happened to Iceman after WC1?

Post by Jack Cloudy »

I looked in the wiki on the internet, but couldn't find anything at all about him.

I know that some pilots survived and made their appearance in later Wing Commander games. Paladin probably retired. Some I never really liked anyway so I don’t care what happened to them (like Hunter, blows all his missiles on the first cat he smells and badmouths Knight and Paladin. And I like Paladin, laddy.).

Iceman was easily my favourite wingman in the game. Good, a solid shot and doesn’t shout all over the radio every second. Not to mention I just like the way he is portrayed as an unstoppable killer who only wants to get back at the Kilrathi. Hell, in WC Secret Missions (on the snes) it even went so far that the guy giving the briefings before the last mission was telling all the pilots to come back in one piece, and not try anything stupid. (he told me just to get the job done. Nothing fancy, no acrobatics. Man, and I was proud that I could take down any capship with just my guns and some flying.) But to Iceman he said:,, Iceman uh……Do what you always do.â€
,,That was the worst and most boring movie I’ve ever seen. Lousy special effects.
blue_paladin42
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by blue_paladin42 »

Yup, he died. Somewhere between Secret missions two, and the tigers claw attack on k'tithrak mang. Hawk tels Casey in Wing Commander Prophecy exactly what happens.

On another note, I rather liked hunter, mostly because he could actually kill kilrathi, and really, not many score more than one kill in WC per series. Hell, hunter managed to take out the star post in venice. (This was in the pre-joystick days, also known as the dark ages, where I had to play the game with a key board.) I think Bossman was my best wingman. He would go on freaking rampages. I noticed the skill levels of the pilots changed in secret missions though. Hunter became kinda crappy. And Knight becomes pretty mean. Iceman was even more kill em all. And spirit gets killed by a bug.
I love Wing Commander.
I love playing Wing Commander so much I don't know what to do.
I PLAY THEREFORE I AM!
Thats all the proof I need to know that I exist!