More units goodness.

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

More units goodness.

Post by spiritplumber »

http://www.spiritplumber.com/priv_remak ... atch17.zip

This does very little, but:

* load times reduced a bit more (not my doing, it's the new mesher)
* removed some crash inducing badness
* a couple of quick fixes in units (drayman the correct size, massproduced steltek gun works correctly, leech mines use leech explosion, etc.)
* every unit now has a generic damage map -- if anyone wants to contribute damage maps, please do! Just take a texture for a ship, modify it so that it looks beaten up, and send it over :) if you want to test it, just replace genericdamage.png in /textures with it temporarily. For an example see chuck's gorgeous caernaven's damage map (caernavenDMG.png) -- it's kinda nice to see badguys full of holes. :)

I think we're mostly done with units... what are we missing? (other than the tarawa and hakagas... i know... i'm taking time with those, want them to look good)

it's ___really___ time to start working on plots, base backgrounds (esp for kat bases) or possibly both...
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
amano
Star Pilot
Star Pilot

Post by amano »

An update to 0.2

I thought we were at 0.2.1 level already?
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

thanks ^^; i messed up the version num... this said, the update should be good for everything.
My Moral Code:
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Wow! This is sooo much better! Man! Love the new HUD images, great mix of ships in space, sizes and distances make a lot more sense, no crashes, 10 times faster through the jumps... Is the music new and improved? I don't remember it being stereo, but then again, my speaker was mono :D But it also sounds sharper and clearer. And no bugs to report yet...
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

thanks! :oops:

if you liked that grab this

http://www.spiritplumber.com/priv_remak ... atch18.zip

as it fixes a few problems with formations -- namely, now other ships should try to keep formation if there are no enemies (so fighters will stay near their capship) and your wingmen will line up properly whether you bought them or hired them. also, now you can only use torpedos against capital ships :P so sorry...

i hope i took care of the "firing like crazy" thing, i may not have hto.
My Moral Code:
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

You're awsome, spirit; I often get stuck for days trying to figure out one problem, and you seem to solve them by the dozens per minute...
Luckily, I'm almost as good as you in electronics; otherwise I'd be out of a job by now, given that I procrastinate with my work to the 11th hour...