So.. heres a idea.

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
Fireskull
Venturer
Venturer

So.. heres a idea.

Post by Fireskull »

Instead of going for a WC1 remake, why dont we place the game in 10 year gap in the storyline, between the end of WC1 and the beginning of WC2?

During that time, Blair was blamed a traitor and sent to insys security. AFAIK WC storyline just ignores all of those 10 years, there inst a single event of importance in them.

This means we will have a lot of freedom with the storyline, and we wont have to retexture a load of ships for the game. Most WC1 ships we have need a retexture job, and some could even use a bit of remodelling.
zbyszanna
Hunter
Hunter

Post by zbyszanna »

Little off topic.
Maybe it is a good Idea to play a little with time. Let say we start wcu before wc1, then let player take time to explore the universe, fly whererver he wants etc. After some time, when player enlists to the army, the wc1 starts. After that there is some time, that player can switch personalities (I don't think Blair went on 10 years holidays ;) ) and play a little more in wcu. Then some time passes and player can start wc2 and so on. Of course there should be possibility to compress time, or to start from chosen year, which could determine campaigns that are available for him. What do you think?
Fireskull
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Fireskull »

That would be way too much work and we would never be finished with the game if we went that way.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

agree with fireskull here -- this said, z, the engine supports it, so go for it if you want :)
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
zbyszanna
Hunter
Hunter

Post by zbyszanna »

I think that I must familiarize myself with the code more, before i get to serious stuff. At the moment i mess with launcher as hellcatv told me what is wrong with it.