more stuff about ships

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
Fireskull
Venturer
Venturer

more stuff about ships

Post by Fireskull »

I was going to post this at the continuity error topic, but I figure this issue is big and I dont want to steal the topic, here is my old post, up to where I typed it before I decided for a new topic.

"As far as I know, the general justification for what we saw in Privateer was that Gemini was a backwater sector AND many of Wc2 era ships were sent to insys security after BoE.

So, seeing Broadswords around is fine, even if Confed already have longbows ( which are -much- more effective than broadswords, no matter how much the broadsword is more charming )"

( new post )
Now, we cant forget that nothing stops confed to add new technology to old fighters, thats what they do actualy. We should not be surprised to see raptors with Particle guns and Meson canons, or ferrets with missiles.

There are two paths we can take from here: We begin to prepare for WC1 remake and begin to config all ships with their original loadout or we prepare for our own Privateer plot, having old ships with a new loadout.

I would go for the second, since that has been our plan so far. Then we do the WC1 remake.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

well, changing guns is trivial.... just copy the raptor entry into, say, raptor.wc1 and raptor.modern and change the relevant column :) you're the one who has the Clue Stick with units.csv right now, so go ahead and do so if you want.

WC1 remake? Other than the simulation we can start doing it right now if we want. :)

do we?
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Yes you do :) (I just don't want to rush with Priv3 ;-))
blue_paladin42
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by blue_paladin42 »

Speaking of WCI, I just had an encounter with a jalthi. What is that thing made of?! It ate up my dumbfires like it wanted them, and my tachyon and nuetron guns werent tickling it. I know they are heavy fighters, but they really weren't hard to kill, just so long as you didn't play chicken with em. The salthi was pretty hard to hurt to, when I actually hit it lol.

::EDIT:: I just realized I posted about the same thing twice. :oops: Sorry, bout that. :oops:
Last edited by blue_paladin42 on Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fireskull
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Fireskull »

I just want to know what to do first.

Changing guns is trivial, yea, but it takes time to do :P

I will go for a updated guns loadout then.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

go for it -- if you have to, ADD lines, don't change the default unless you're positive that the default is wrong.

In general, gun POSITIONS are good, so just change the types.
My Moral Code:
Fireskull
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Fireskull »

I wont mess around with positions and stuff for now, im too much of a newbie to this.

If I add a line.. can I add it at the middle of units.cvs, or it must be added at its end of the file?

By the way, along with the patches.txt file I will send a number of future changes that I felt are needed. Mostly textures stuff... there are some capships which are waaay below the standard other ships have.
blue_paladin42
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by blue_paladin42 »

Does it seem odd to anyone thazt the garrison paradigm at Perry is not only bigger than the carrier, but almost as big as the naval base? I mean, the paradigm is supposed to be a corvette. Or destroyer. I always thought it was more of a destroyer. Either way, that thing is frickin big. I would resize the venture in New Constantinople too, but I have no idea how. Im an ameatur when it comes to these things.
I love Wing Commander.
I love playing Wing Commander so much I don't know what to do.
I PLAY THEREFORE I AM!
Thats all the proof I need to know that I exist!
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Please add stuff at the end and leave an empty line between my stuff and yours -- it's not a file format requrement, it's just so we can keep track :)
My Moral Code: