bugs occurred in patch #13!

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
Quixotal
Trader
Trader

bugs occurred in patch #13!

Post by Quixotal »

I have been trying to determine why there is a loss of music, fixer/bartender voice and the loss of the wormhole skin for the "revolving rings" and have come up with these findings....

Apon installing the wcu main + 11patch: music, sound and voice are there in wcu. The skin for the revolving rings is also there. This is after going to \bin and running setup and then going out into wcu_eval directory and running the "reset universe" executible. Then entering the game...The sound is also there for the original cutscene.

Apon installing patch 12 the sound is still working, voices working and the wormhole skin is still evident. This after running setup from \bin folder and then going out and running the reset universe executible.

Apon installation of patch 13 there is a loss of music in the original Privateer cutscene, there is no music in game, voice from comms but no voice in bars or from fixers. There is a loss of the wormhole skin so that you only see white squares revolving.

Subsequent patches 14, and 14a carry the bugs from 13 with the same problems evident.

Hope this helps some... regards Quixotal
Fireskull
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Fireskull »

*pokes Quixotal*

Just to clarify one thing.. the jump points skin is not a bug. We are changing the skin, and for now they were just replaced with that "square thing".

They wont stay like that, but they wont like they were before.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

I'm still all for just using buoys frankly... less overhead & more in tune with well, every WC game but privateer. :)

Right now the "jump bubble" is faction dependent.
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
Hyena
Hunter
Hunter

Post by Hyena »

What graphic is used as a 'skin' for the jump-points right now? So I can play around with it some.
Fireskull
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Fireskull »

Using a jump buoy would be just fine with me. Those jump balls are only useful for dropping your FPS.

Hmm. Possibly we could add a graphic for players who want them ( and I am sure there are some players who do ) and a option to turn it on and off.