Final ships to scale

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
Fireskull
Venturer
Venturer

Final ships to scale

Post by Fireskull »

Unfortunely I couldnt get the waterloo or the clydesdale to show up in my game... some other stuff are also very wrong. I cant hear the in game music anymore and I was forced to lower my detail setting, for some reason game perfomance became quite poor after the last patch. I wish I could give you the Clydesdale and Waterloo and just say we are done with ships... but they dont show up in my game. One way or another, if both ships follow current trends we could safely multiply the waterloo current scale by 4 and leave the clydesdale as it is. Both will be somewhat close to what they should be.

I wish I could give more ships, but here is what I could get to work with my game:

Bhantkara ( its the kilrathicarrier in units.cvs) - 4.54

Gilgamesh - 3.81

Victory - 8.03

Corvette - no clue, its not a WC ship, its a VS dostoievsky and we should get rid of it.

I will try reinstalling my game and see if things work out... but right now its a bit late here and I need some rest.

Also, spirit, if you are reading this.. please give me a reply. Just say anything, you are making me worried with your silence, honestly. I hope its ok with you if I send a e-mail to you tommorow.

Someone mentioned that we should now scale bases up too... well, you guys just tell me if its needed and I can look up the right numbers. Rescaling bases will be much easier than capships.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Bases should be rescaled; the waterloo and the clydesdale are currently not being autogenerated, this is fixed in patch 14 but remember to delete all the *.pyc in the modules folder first. thanks for all the numbers! I did a few in patch 14, tell me if you like it...

re the dostoevski, at the time i didn't have a venture mesh and needed a small corvette, so i fished it out of VS because it looks a bit like a paradigm. I think we should flatten it a bit, give it another texture, and keep it around (not necessarily spawn it)
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
Fireskull
Venturer
Venturer

Post by Fireskull »

oh okay. I am okay with it :)

The reason I said we should get rid of it is because we already have confed corvettes, and the dostoievsky doesnt looks WCish... but if we can make it so, then im all for it.

Its good to see you back.