I had another memorable moment today..

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
Fireskull
Venturer
Venturer

I had another memorable moment today..

Post by Fireskull »

I was doing a cargo run into Nexus ( i think ). Upon arrival I forgot to check if I should deliver the cargo to the planet or the mining base in the asteroid field near it.

I was carrying mining equipment, so it was obvious :P

I checked my radar and saw two Gratha.. they were heading for the mining base. Unfortunely, since I was in a galaxy, i couldnt reach and engage them. The mining base seemed doomed, and so did my cargo run if those things had torpedoes.

As I arrived, a bit late, the Gratha were just closing in. But then I saw a weird blue dot in my radar... and manuevered to see what was it. Out from the asteroid field came a huuuuge confed carrier ( well not so huge since we dont have the scales right ) and engaged the two kilrathi. It launched a squadron of fighters, and soon the battlefield was set.

The Kilrathi, badly outnumbered, were defeated and the mining base was saved. Even though this wanst scripted, from the player's point of view it looked like a ambush. The confed were hidding in the asteroids, and when the kilrathi came by they just ate them alive :P It was very cool and this event makes me believe even more in the potential WCU has.
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Wow! Sounds as if the AI were running on Deep Blue. How's spirit doing it?
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

This stuff really makes my day :) thanks....

btw, i think grathas have one torpedo? I want to change that to proton bombs though.
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Spirit, so... basically... you wanted the mining base out of the picture? ;)

Nice thing. How come I never stumbled upon those things?
All I get from the AI are basic stunts... :(
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe