Prettiness.

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Prettiness.

Post by spiritplumber »

Does anyone feel like putting together a webpage that links to the WCU downloads? We had one at some point...

Right now WCU is "mostly playable" as it is, just some people seem to think that there's nothing outthere yet because we don't have a website.

I can take a crack at it this weekend but I honestly stink at html.
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Post by charlieg »

I propose an inaugral release of WCU.

1 day next week [preferrably a little later in the week as that suits my timetable best] I will commit to taking care of the html, if somebody will commit to putting together WCU 0.1 [or maybe WCU 0.5 if you guys feel it is more complete than a 0.1 release].

Tasks for the release:
  1. Installer packages for Windows, Linux, & Mac
  2. Update website to acknowledge WCU - I suggest the pragmatic approach is to modify the current PR website to show both PR and WCU using the current PR web style
  3. Integrate chuck's sound work - he says it's sitting in a .zip somewhere
  4. Please list any features people feel can be done for next week
crouton
Bounty Hunter
Bounty Hunter

Post by crouton »

Splitting the website shouldn't be too hard.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

I can only release for Windows as it stands because this is the platform I work on... this said I can have a basic installer good to go & uploaded in approx. 3 hours. (most of it is that my upstream pipe isn't as big as I'd like it to be).

We have executable compatibility again since my changes went into the VS cvs tree, so making a lin and mac package should not be an issue ^-^

What's new? As usual some extra ships and a couple extra mission types. Also the tractor beam works more WC-like.

Additions (keys):

ALT-D Transfers between your cockpit and your ship's docking screen (e.g. if you are flying a Drayman -- handy if you are carrying a talon or a demon and you want to "park" the drayman and fly one of those instead.)

CTRL-G Tells your cargo wingmen to park themselves in front of your ship so that you can tractor them in easily. Non-cargo (hired) wingmen will form on your wing.

CTRL-P Tells your wingmen to defend your target -- makes wingmen worth buying for the Oxford missions ;)

If you eject, you can once again return to your ship but only if you're next or very close to it.
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
cshank4
Merchant
Merchant

Post by cshank4 »

Hey plumber, I'd just like to say thanks to you and the rest of the team, this MOD is going to be one of awesomeasity.
Moon hangs around
a blade over my head
reminds me
what to do before I’m dead
night consumes light
and all I dread
reminds me what to do before I’m dead