Software Screen

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Software Screen

Post by spiritplumber »

I want to rework the software screen so that it only sells maps (change the pictures etc) since the radar buying is redundant. I've already reworked the buying maps to be autogenerated, by sector (it parses wcuniverse.xml now) and we can do it by quadrant if we want. Basically it will mark as visited all systems in a sector that have been explored.

What I wanted to do was expand on that and make it so that by landing on a base belonging to a faction, you can buy maps for the systems CONTROLLED BY THAT FACTION in various sectors.

That OK?
My Moral Code:
- The only sin is to treat people as if they were things.
- Rules were made for people, not the other way around.
- Don't deceive. Real life is complicated enough.
- If all else fails, smash stuff.
klauss
Elite
Elite

Post by klauss »

Seems OK to me. Besides, I've never really used the software booth, except for the initial purchase of maps. Making maps less complete would help there (you buy one faction, then need another, and another, and you'll find yourself going to every software booth to check out for new maps).
Oíd mortales, el grito sagrado...
Call me "Menes, lord of Cats"
Wing Commander Universe
chuck_starchaser
Elite
Elite

Post by chuck_starchaser »

Cool! On pirate bases there could be treasure maps. They could be made to look like ancient, browned paper, and the star designations would be using Tycho catalogue style letters and numbers, so you have to figure out what system and planet the map is talking about, and hope it's not a fake ;-)
And from one of those maps, one could end up in an uncharted system, and actually find, not a treasure, but relics, which could lead to some side story.