Apparently there's a new WCU forum ^^; thanks LOAF

Discuss the Wing Commander Series and find the latest information on the Wing Commander Universe privateer mod as well as the standalone mod Wasteland Incident project.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Apparently there's a new WCU forum ^^; thanks LOAF

Post by spiritplumber »

http://www.crius.net/zone/forumdisplay.php?f=26

I think we're supposed to use this one from now on....

*clueless*

I don't mind either, whatever is more convinient for everyone.
mkruer
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by mkruer »

Personally I would not use it, mainly due to issues regarding certain CIC staff members censoring and blocking just about everything.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said.
But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Wing Commander Universe Forum | Wiki
Wing Commander: The Wasteland Incident
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Apparently I'm the one in charge of that bit of space, and I don't plan to censor anything. Except for naked photos of Rush Limbaugh. Eew. Anyway... again whichever is more convenient for everyone ^^; I wanted to use that one because there I can make stickies mostly.
peteyg
Elite
Elite

Post by peteyg »

I would strongly recommend against using a cruis.net forum. It's a good place to get into arguments over whether or not the WC Movie sucked, but is a bad place for anything else.

The overall tone of the community there is extremely acidic, and lacking in respect. You also don't have control over the forum; the cruis.net admins do, and they are typically the worst offenders. People will probably get banned from your forums for stupid stuff, or saying the wrong thing, or something.

Too much Internet Drama over there to get stuff done. Just stick with the forum here, or set up a new one, or something. You will be WAY better off.
Last edited by peteyg on Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

thanks ^^; i'd like to stay away from net.politics and just get this thing working....
kilolima
Merchant
Merchant

Post by kilolima »

Their admins are crazy over there... they banned one of the most prolific beta-testers for priv-remake for no reason and she's never been back...

bonus to admin's ego: +1

damage to priv-remake : -100

Please keep the WCU stuff here, it's also on sourcefourge a bit more reliable anyway.
pincushionman
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by pincushionman »

if stickies is an issue for spiritplumber, mebbe an admin can give him sticky privliges on this board...
Conquer space!
-pincushionman

---------------------------------------

Kansas really is flatter than a pancake!
http://www.improbable.com/airchives/pap ... ansas.html

Post by Guest »

peteyg wrote:I would strongly recommend against using a cruis.net forum. It's a good place to get into arguments over whether or not the WC Movie sucked, but is a bad place for anything else.

The overall tone of the community there is extremely acidic, and lacking in respect. You also don't have control over the forum; the cruis.net admins do, and they are typically the worst offenders. People will probably get banned from your forums for stupid stuff, or saying the wrong thing, or something.

Too much Internet Drama over there to get stuff done. Just stick with the forum here, or set up a new one, or something. You will be WAY better off.
Ohh here you are wrong buddy, really really wrong. I was there plenty of time already and if people get ban, tehy get ban for reason, that's I know for sure. Also I think CIC's boards is the best place to discuss WCU, cause there enough people to comment on the issues. Most of them are experienced Wingnuts and know alot about the Universe and might help alot.

Just behave in the right way and you should be fine. I think admins there are good. The ones that could be called the real admins.

Try and check CGTALK.com and what there admins do. You will never call CIC's admins in a bad way after that. ;)

Best regards,
Cyberion

P.S. I strongly recommend to move all the discussion to the CIC's boards.
peteyg
Elite
Elite

Post by peteyg »

Mamiya and I got banned last night for no reason. Priv Remake developers and contributors have been getting banned a LOT for no reason. It's not a happy situation, and not a happy place.

It is generally the best place to talk about Wing Commander stuff (which makes it good), and it definitely isn't the worst forum on the Internet... but there are just too many negatives to using the forums they provide for a project.

Post by Guest »

Just behave in the right way and you should be fine.
What, pray tell, is the 'right way', if it takes zero effort to be banned for no reason?
Penta
Trader
Trader

Post by Penta »

Cyberion, I must echo the other guest's question...

That is an amazingly ambiguous answer. It seems remarkably easy for threads to be closed and people to be banned.

WHAT is the right way? :roll:

That said, I hope to hell the people working on the code for both are talking to each other on common issues (3D models, codebits re the engine, etc), regardless of other catfights between them. Just call me naive, but...
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

Same here, internet forum politics have less point than church politics I think... I'm just trying to start WCU while I wait for someone serious to take it over.
Penta
Trader
Trader

Post by Penta »

:?: Someone serious to take over what?
Silverain
Expert Mercenary
Expert Mercenary

Post by Silverain »

spiritplumber wrote:Same here, internet forum politics have less point than church politics I think... I'm just trying to start WCU while I wait for someone serious to take it over.
Err... you ARE that some serious?? :lol:
THOUGHT CRIME! [points finger] THOUGHT CRIME!
Penta
Trader
Trader

Post by Penta »

spiritplumber wrote:Same here, internet forum politics have less point than church politics I think... I'm just trying to start WCU while I wait for someone serious to take it over.
Now, now...That would be unfair to church politics, which can get quite serious, dealing as they do with religion.

I believe the proper comparison would be academic politics. The fight's so bitter because the stakes are so low.
JKeefe
Hunter
Hunter

Post by JKeefe »

peteyg wrote:Mamiya and I got banned last night for no reason. Priv Remake developers and contributors have been getting banned a LOT for no reason. It's not a happy situation, and not a happy place.
:shock:

Is it really true that Mamiya was banned? What kind of game forum bans the project lead?

I do agree that it's been pretty nuts over there the past few day. Thankfully things seem to be calming down.
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Post by charlieg »

spiritplumber wrote:I'm just trying to start WCU while I wait for someone serious to take it over.
You shouldn't devalue your contributions.
spiritplumber
Developer
Developer

Post by spiritplumber »

As for bannings, etc. I blame the Slashdot effect and the flood of new people. I personally try to not get involved, the only reason I wanted moderator status was so I could stick/unstick threads... I'll yell at people occasionally but never ever silence them.

And I'm just an engineering student in a small college, this sort of thing is for kitties who are real professionals, so I'm going to drop it as soon as I can't help anymore. Just keep my name in the credits is all ^^;
charlieg
Elite Mercenary
Elite Mercenary

Post by charlieg »

Nah, this crius.net and banning thing goes back to before PR ever reached /. and there was an issue as recently as January where a long term member of those forums and one of the major PR playtesters, Wendy, got banned. Speaking of her, she seems to have disappeared. I wonder where she went.