Curious about current campaign, (spoiler)

The most appropriate place for Questions, Queries, and Quandaries regarding the nature of the Vega Strike universe and its past, present, or future history. Home to the occasional unfortunate RetCon.
snow_Cat
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Curious about current campaign, (spoiler)

Post by snow_Cat »

In a convenient waste of time I read the campaign.py file and made the following flowchart.

Is this accurate? I am uncertain if I am reading the nodes correctly.
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Re: Curious about current campaign, (spoiler)

Post by Shissui »

snow_Cat wrote:In a convenient waste of time I read the campaign.py file and made the following flowchart.

Is this accurate? I am uncertain if I am reading the nodes correctly.
Not exactly.

Hauler1: Atlantis --> BarnardStar.
Hauler2: Atlantis --> Serenity.

Not listed there --
If your ship does not have a big enough hold for Hauler2, you fail the entire campaign.
If you are unable to complete TailMission1 (ship escapes), you fail the entire campaign.
If you change ships at any time in the campaign, you fail the entire campaign.

Some other conditions may also result in a failed campaign, like save & quit during particular tasks, but I have not verified those.
Last edited by Shissui on Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works in Theory.
snow_Cat
Confed Special Operative
Confed Special Operative

Post by snow_Cat »

^ . .^ my bad, failed to label branches and am only listing starting locations.
  • Elbow-links
    • left: Fail
      down: reject
      right: pass
    Curvy-links: single linked node?
Shissui
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Shissui »

Found another one --

If you jump out of system without fighting the pirate ambush at all, you get a complete fail on the campaign.

I saw this once, but have not gone back to reproduce/verify this particular behaviour.

When I refer to "fail campaign" -- I mean that your campaign score reverts to zero & you have no option to either complete your current mission or to begin another. There exists no subsequent path to "CampaignEndNode".
I want to live in Theory. Everything works in Theory.
ace123
Lead Network Developer
Lead Network Developer

Post by ace123 »

Actually, it would be really cool to make a campaign_exporter_lib.py or something of the sort that will take in your campaigns file, and give each node an ID

Then, it could output to a bunch of different formats, such as dandan's Java campaign editor, or a DOTTY file to make a nice pretty graph like Snow cat did. Think of it as a sort of mesher but for campaign pythong files.

I figure that this would be pretty simple to do. Making a saver would be harder, but I think that's part of the campaign editor project.
Turbo
ISO Party Member
ISO Party Member

Post by Turbo »

I failed the campaign without even realizing I was playing it. My Llama was getting toasted by Aera any time I left the system, even with all possible upgrades, so I hauled cargo until I could afford a Lancelot. Once I was able to win against all random enemies and completed a few small bounties, I decided to try some fixer missions. So I talked to that Jerek guy on Atlantis. He thanked me for something I didn't do, and when I did haul his cargo the other guy told me not to leave the system. I beat the pirate ambush, but at that point I had an active mission with no objectives, which I had to abort.

Does this mean I have to reload before I changed ships, and do Jerek's missions?

Turbo